Confessions

Ashna

Yesterday I found out my old high school classmates are already planning our 10 year reunion, which will be next summer. Yikes. The thought of seeing everyone coupled with it being the start of a new month is all the incentive I need to re-commit to a weight loss plan. I like JUDDD because I've had good results with it in the past; now I just need to stick with it for longer than a month. I want to lose about 65 lbs in the next year (nine months, actually). I know that's absolutely doable - I just have to stay on track. This thread will be my place to hold myself accountable. I'll be back tomorrow to check in!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome back, good luck, def doable goal x

Hey Ashna, A nice goal is always a good motivator, welcome back & good luck. :)

Thanks everyone!

Hiya! Nothing like a reunion to boost weight loss efforts!!

Haha, isn't that right. The thought of everyone being all camera crazy at the reunion makes me cringe. Knowing the zillion pictures of me that would inevitably wind up plastered all over Facebook would only have one chin makes me feel somewhat better... :p

Last edited:
Day 1:

Down day #1.

Breakfast:
Nothing

Lunch:
A banana.

Supper:
A plateful of green beans, peas and cucumber and some low fat yogurt (35 calories per serving).

Success! Now the trick is not eating anything else for the rest of the night!

hahah love it! Have you started JUDDDing yet? x

That's weird...I tried to post an update last night but it said something about my post needing to be approved by a moderator before it would show up? Anyone know what that's about?

But to answer the question, yes. I had my first down day yesterday and it was a success. Today I've eaten normally but I haven't been as hungry as sometimes. So far so good! The big test will be the next few days as I'm going home for a visit. I'm determined not to let that throw me off course though!

Well done so far x Someone else experienced this with a post last week I think they were new too so I wouldn't worry about it hun x

That's weird...I tried to post an update last night but it said something about my post needing to be approved by a moderator before it would show up? Anyone know what that's about?

But to answer the question, yes. I had my first down day yesterday and it was a success. Today I've eaten normally but I haven't been as hungry as sometimes. So far so good! The big test will be the next few days as I'm going home for a visit. I'm determined not to let that throw me off course though!

ohh yay well done! As long as you rigidly stick to your down days, they'll take care of the up days. =)

Today has been a down day. I find it challenging to have down days on weekends. During the work week it's easier to distract myself, but when I'm just hanging out at home I find myself wanting to eat. I spent time reading a book today - much better than watching TV because my hands are busy and I'm not bombarded with food commercials.

What I've eaten today: A salad, 3 large pretzels, a bowl of canned spiced tomatoes and some popcorn. I also drank a bunch of water.

Friday was supposed to be a down day. I got off to a good start but by the end of the day, my willpower fizzled. I don't want to make excuses so I won't. I'm just going to have to make up for it at some point, and that's fine. I think it's important to have some flexibility because sometimes life gets in the way - the key is to not let life sabotage the diet completely.

How do you compensate for missed down days? Do you do two in a row? Are you just extra mindful of calories on your next up day?

Just turn it into an IM day which is a day where you eat around the same cals as you would if you were cal counting, so 1200-1400 approx. IM days are there to control DDs like the one you had on fri, having 2 UP days in a row is allowed, I have sat and sun as UP days every week, but 2 DD s in a row is not recommended, reason being thios diet is trying to get your body to recognise that it will get food soon so it doesn't need to store any fat reserves that you eat on your UP days, 2 DD s in a row sort of defeats this object, that said most of us will have done a double DD at some point due to social events etc so it can be done. I wouldn't worry about a generous DD as long as it doesn't happen every DD it shouldn't have any real effect on your week x

Thank you both for the input! I like the sound of a ~1200 calorie "up day" much better than 2 down days in a row! :D

Yep, would definately do a 1200 day instead of 2 down days.....

Tomorrow's going to be a down day, followed by a weigh in. Here's to a successful Week #2!

I have another question. On down days, do you tend to eat small portions of low calorie foods throughout the day to keep your hunger at bay, or do you fast for as long as you can and then eat one large meal that falls within your daily allotment? I'm still trying to decide what works best for me; sometimes it depends on the day, I think. I imagine the first approach is the healthiest (but then again, maybe the second approach is better at giving one's body that shock that helps burn calories). Thoughts?

I really think its down to personal choice hun, I found that not eating at all helped me as I get hungry after I eat, however this week I have started eating my DD cals again as I read on an American Juddd forum that those who stopped eating their DD allowance found weight loss stalling , like me so when they started to eat their allowance again their weight loss improved? Sio I am eating again and have been OK hunger wise this week. I tend to skip breakfast then eat a small meal at lunchtime then another around 4/5 o clock and this has been fine, I doi get hungry before bed but then I have completed my DD I am not going to eat then! Psychological I suppose. Just go with whatever helps you, I don't know if any pattern is 'better' ? x

That's interesting about eating DD calories. Some days my preference is to eat a big meal late in the day; I'm usually not really hungry until evening. I find it depends on my work schedule though. My job requires a lot of mental sharpness (some days more than others) and I find not eating during the day interferes with that. I guess I just have to experiment a bit and see what works best for me. I'm trying hard to eat very low calorie things on DDs so I can eat more - lots of veggies and popcorn! I agree though, I still wind up hungry at night. I guess that's some incentive for me to go to bed earlier!

Back