confused about EE and snacking

broxi

ButtErFly
Just getting very confused due to a discussion on another thread and badly need some help so will open it out. I think I have been doing EE incorrectly for 6 weeks!

please clarify: can I only eat 3 meals (single course) and only snack on SF and anything else even if it's a free food must have syns? Or can I eat free food at anytime as long as I eat it with 1/3 superfree - which is what I've been doing?

Dont worry you can eat free foods at any time just as you have been doing. It is only the particular case in the other thread where you use a free food to make a snack type food that you would otherwise have to syn where there is an issue.

So snacking on cous cous is fine but use that cous cous to make a cake and SW recommend you syn it. Would you ever even thought about making a cake out of cous cous or smash before SW? If the answer is no then you can be pretty sure the recipe is bending the use of SW free foods in a way that was never intended :)

My personal understanding is that yes you can snack on either sf or free foods. Obviously superfree is preferred and it's important to only snack if you are actually hungry.

Whilst you can snack on free foods, it's common sense that if you eat 3 bowls of pasta everyday as a snack plus your meals you will be unlikely to lose weight. Everything in moderation.

I would usually snack on either superfree or something with syns tbh (but that is personal preference), to me either using superfree or syns makes me accountable as I can 'count it' and know I haven't overdone it, whereas I could be tempted to have 3 or 4 muller lights a day simply because they are 'free'.

Hope I've helped in some way :) Good luck!

thanks folks, finally getting it after all that confusion. Minimins is a great place for support

Back