Confused.com about weight ?????

Allison66

Hi peeps I weighed myself on wednesday and the scales showed that I had gained 2lbs from the week before I place the scales in the sameplace/position when I get weighed now today Friday I decide to weigh myself again and I have lost 2.5lbs ???? is it my scales do you think I have only had them a week and they are digital ones Im considering going into town and getting weighed at the Weigh House in our local market.

Many thanks x

Do you weigh yourself at the same time? Your body can deviate throughout the day a fair bit weight wise-just think, a pint of water weighs a pound! The best time to weigh yourself is in your birthday suit, first thing in the morning after you've peed lol!! This is your true weight!

Also, don't scale-hop and stick to just weighing yourself once a week, otherwise you won't get a true idea of what your body's doing. It's tempting to keep checking though lol!

Thanks Candyflee

Yeah its more or less the same time give 10/15 mins or so I weigh myself in my underwear and yeah just when I have been to the loo.

I have been into town and been weighed at the WeighHouse so Im starting again as I cant say that the scales were accurate in the first place :( and just going to go there every Friday and get weighed alas it wont be first thing in the morning or in my underwear lol but hopefully around the same time each Friday.

Cheers and thank you x

had you been drinking a lot of water before weighing your self that can make you weigh more,

I hadnt Kelly to be honest I dont trust the scales so Im not bother with them and just go into town to get weighed once a week I was torn as to buy scales to be honest wish I hadnt bothered even my kitchen digital scales arent very accurate :( I do have some normal bog standard one too :)

You either need to weigh yourself every single day at the same time of day, preferably first thing in the morning,or weigh just once a week. I have weighed myself every day since starting to lose weight and ive seen my weigh fluctuate up and down naturally. I understand now from observing my own weight fluctuations how weight can change naturally despite the fact I was eating so little for months on end.

Weighing just once per week will give you the overall trend, but daily weighings can be very useful as long as you dont go into a panic when you see the weight go up as well as down, which it will undoubtably do. Daily weighings do help you understand the bodys natural weight fluctuations, but is only useful if you understand that this is completly normal and that the overall trend will be down as long as you know yourself that you are sticking to the diet.

go with what your clothes say when they start feeling loose then you know your going in the right direction x

Thank You Lynn and Thank You Kelly

I actually can feel a difference in my clothes a pair of jeans I love and niavely thought had shrunk in the tumble drier lol now fit and not pinching either :) so I think Im going ultimatley with my clothes and weigh once per week.

Im really grateful for your advice and experiences it has helped enormously in me understanding alot more about dieting and how the body changes on a daily basis.

Best Wishes Allison x

I'm a scale hopper, I weigh in the mornings and in the evenings, sounds a bit ...obssessive but it keeps me motivated. I am a different weight most of the time but the weight i write down is the weekly weight. That is the one that counts. To be honest if you hopped on and off of the scales in town whose to say they wouldn't be different each time.
Measure yourself and keep a record of waist hips etc, if you measure weekly its amazing how some weeks you can lose no weight at all but you suddenly have a whole inch or 2 missing, it helps keep your spirits up if you stay the same or gain because you know your tape measure hasn't changed length and if inches that were there before have gone then you KNOW your on the right path. I personally wouldnt care if i was 20 stone as long as i looked and felt like 11 stone :)

Thank You Lynn and Thank You Kelly

I actually can feel a difference in my clothes a pair of jeans I love and niavely thought had shrunk in the tumble drier lol now fit and not pinching either :) so I think Im going ultimatley with my clothes and weigh once per week.

Im really grateful for your advice and experiences it has helped enormously in me understanding alot more about dieting and how the body changes on a daily basis.

Best Wishes Allison x

thats a better feeling i think when you get into a smaller size jeans your doing really well hunni xx

Thank You Mighty Mimi Im hoping because the place in town is a 'proper' weighhouse that the scales will be accurate :) or more accurate than my ones at home :) I have measured all my parts as it were and will keep a record of the measurements weekly too.

Thanks again Kelly for all your support and answering my posts its an incentive in itself that people are reading my posts so for that I thank you and wish you well x

your welcome any time its nice to have support we are all in the same vote, i wish people where more supportive with me on here but ive found a few not very kind... thanks for your kind words and im always here for a bleather

Awee kelly likewise hunni I do try to get on at least once a day I would hope that a forum such as this support should be at the forefront its sad that you have found some not very kind why join a forum such as this if you cant be supportive it costs nothing to be nice and my moto is treat people as you would like to be treat :) keep your chin up chick xx

thanks hunni, i try not listen to them i dont think they agree with me taking tablets that stop me from being hungry but its the only thing that works for me ive tried evey diet you can think of i did ll not long ago but im still big lol, this is working for me i eat sensible 1000 kcals a day and 1 phentermine tablet so far so good... i hope your deit is good for you hunni, thanks for taking the time to listen x

I had a similar experience just yesterday and have been feeling down about it ever since. It's so hard to feel motivated when you've been doing the right things and still gain weight.

I'm only in the early stages though so I'm desperately hoping that this is just a misread, either from the first weigh in or the second. :(

Kelly hunni personally I dont think anyone has the right to tell you what to do or how to do it if that is what suits you and feel comfortable doing what you are doing then good luck to you I have contemplated tablets I guess a lot of people have if the truth be known but perhaps alot of people wont admit to it.

Greengiraffe dont be disheartened if like me you have been exercising far more than you have ever before what I have learnt is that muscle weighs heavier than fat so it is likely that you will gain slightly and I have been advised to measure myself as the chances you have lost inches as apposed to pounds. I have decided to go ultimately by my clothes and weigh myself once a week.

Good Luck to everyone loosing weight however that may be :)

Back