confused.com!

sallyc6

Can anyone shed any light on minimin calorie intake? I've worked out my calories to about 1200 to lose 2lb a week. I very rarely eat this much and if I exercise it's much less. I don't understand about your body going into starvation mode?? How few calories cause this?

Hi Sally
Starvation mode happens when you're body thinks you're not feeding it enough and on a regular basis. Rather than lose the weight your body thinks' hey she's not going to give me anything for a while I'd better hold onto what I've got' and you don't lose weight.
So you need to eat on a regular basis do your body realises that you are going to feed it and do its happier to lose weight and not he into anything.
Do you mean that you're finding it difficult to eat 1200 cals a day now that you're trying to lose weight? Or that you've always struggled to eat that anyway? Because if the latter then you're probably not overweight.
Sometimes you actually need to eat more to lose more. If you start off losing weight by eating 1200 cals then when you plateau you've got no where to adjust to so its often better to work out your BMR, which will be higher and then eat a little less than that. That way when you plateau you can go lower to 1200. You shouldn't eat less than 1200 as its not healthy.
Good luck you'll get there x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi & thanks!
I defo don't struggle to eat the calories but I am sticking to salad, fruit, veg & protein so the calories are pretty low. I could easily eat more (just add some spuds or pasta). I just don't understand the whole starvation mode thing!! Surely the less calories you eat the more stored fat the body uses to function?? I'll up the intake this week and see what happens. xx

Back