Confused newbie with stupid questions...

Thanks for reading my plea! I'm Kimono, newbie here and to SW. I haven't joined a class as it's an expense I can't justify right now. I have read the website, got the magazine, ordered the book from the internet and have some memories of my mum doing the diet years ago!

But can someone please tell me if a jacket potato is free food on green days, is a healthy extra B choice or something else entirely?! :confused::sigh::confused:

Is there a method to determining the sin value of something? I was doing WW until about a week ago but I have lost patience with it. I have a cardboard sliding points calculator thingy...can I get one for sins?

Hi welcome to the forum and to SW. I would strongly recommend you go to a class even if it's just for one night to get all the correct information. A lot has changed with the plans in the last few years and you may get quite confused if you don't have all the information. Where did you order the book from? Is it an up to date one? The only current books on ebay actually cost more to buy than joining a class would. If it was a cheap book it is likely to be an out of date one.

Jacket potatoes are free on green x

Good that it was almost free. I see that the book was published in 2000 so I'm not sure how much use it will be tbh. The plans have changed a LOT since then and a lot of stuff that used to be free isn't anymore.

No problem hun, if you follow anything that out of date it could have the opposite effect. Pop along to a class one evening and get all the info you need, if you can't afford to keep going we will all support you here. Have you spoke to your doctor? Some areas do the vouchers for SW so you can join and attend for 12 weeks at no cost to yourself. It's worth asking at your surgery

Hmm thats a great idea, I'll try my GP!

If I went to a class to gt the info wouldn't I have to pay a membership fee and stuff? is it a lot?

I joined last night it was 9.50 to join which included the 4.50 meeting fee, the leader spent a good 20 minutes explaining all the plans to me and answering all of my silly questions. It was 9.50 well spent if you go to weekly meetings you are given a password which allows you access to the internet site where you can keep a diary and check syns i personally think 4.50 a week is wll worth it but then i know i lack motivation to do it alone. I would try your gp as well x

Back