Confused over carbs!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by loulou6, 8 May 2010 Social URL.

1. loulou6

loulou6 Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(15.49%)
    Hi

I am getting all confused over carb values, can anyone help?

For breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs (1g) made with sweetner (1g)

For lunch I had burgers made with mince beef (does this have any carbs??) and an ounce of blue cheese (0.4g) and a salad with 50g cos lettuce and 50g cucumber (1.5g) and oil and vinegar dressing (0.5g)

For dinner I will probably have some ort of meat and salad again, and prob a couple of ounces of cheddar as a snack.

My confusion is, how on earth will I ever get to 20g of carbs a day if this is a typical day? Or am I counting the carbs completely wrong and I have actually had too many carbs? Is it a bad thing if I don't have enough carbs? I'm so confused, please help!:confused:

Lou

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. saunders0000

saunders0000 love my family

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    all seems fine to me to up the carbs you need to eat leafy greens i eat cabbage and brocoli and asparagus also a lot of us use a web site called myfitnesspal.com
    this is a usefull site and you can list every thing you eat and it works out carbs fat cals and protein for you hope this helps

4. Predator

Predator Silver Member

Start Weight:
    241.8lb
    Current Weight:
    212.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    29.7lb(12.28%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Why not add extras like mayo and other sauces to get your carb intake up a bit :)

5. loulou6

loulou6 Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(15.49%)
    great, thanks for the advice guys! much appreciated. I had some roasted peppers with dinner to bump it up a bit, adding mayo is a good idea too, the book says shop bought ones are the wrong king of oil so i guess i will have to make some, unless anyone knows of a brand that is ok to use?

6. Predator

Predator Silver Member

Start Weight:
    241.8lb
    Current Weight:
    212.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    175lb
    Lost(%):
    29.7lb(12.28%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    hm I'm not sure Lou I just get the full fat ones from Tesco, I'm not really much of an aspiring cook so it does the trick :) xx

7. MissyMustDoIt

MissyMustDoIt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    146.1kg
    Current Weight:
    141.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    5kg(3.42%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/bariatric surgery/Slimmm
    i buy normal non diet full fat mayo, bought hellmans this week as its on offer, could be own brand though, i dont look that closely.

if you need to bump up your carbs try and do it with greens (salad/veg) if your plate is full and you know your note going to eat that lol then whack on some mayo....

luckily i can eat mayo with ANYTHING haha

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Lou, Tesco own brand full fat is fine love. and Yes, don't forget to eat loads of lovely green veggie leaves. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.