• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Confused over carbs!

Hi

I am getting all confused over carb values, can anyone help?

For breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs (1g) made with sweetner (1g)

For lunch I had burgers made with mince beef (does this have any carbs??) and an ounce of blue cheese (0.4g) and a salad with 50g cos lettuce and 50g cucumber (1.5g) and oil and vinegar dressing (0.5g)

For dinner I will probably have some ort of meat and salad again, and prob a couple of ounces of cheddar as a snack.

My confusion is, how on earth will I ever get to 20g of carbs a day if this is a typical day? Or am I counting the carbs completely wrong and I have actually had too many carbs? Is it a bad thing if I don't have enough carbs? I'm so confused, please help!:confused:

Lou

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

saunders0000

love my family
all seems fine to me to up the carbs you need to eat leafy greens i eat cabbage and brocoli and asparagus also a lot of us use a web site called myfitnesspal.com
this is a usefull site and you can list every thing you eat and it works out carbs fat cals and protein for you hope this helps

Predator

Silver Member
Why not add extras like mayo and other sauces to get your carb intake up a bit :)

great, thanks for the advice guys! much appreciated. I had some roasted peppers with dinner to bump it up a bit, adding mayo is a good idea too, the book says shop bought ones are the wrong king of oil so i guess i will have to make some, unless anyone knows of a brand that is ok to use?

Predator

Silver Member
hm I'm not sure Lou I just get the full fat ones from Tesco, I'm not really much of an aspiring cook so it does the trick :) xx

i buy normal non diet full fat mayo, bought hellmans this week as its on offer, could be own brand though, i dont look that closely.

if you need to bump up your carbs try and do it with greens (salad/veg) if your plate is full and you know your note going to eat that lol then whack on some mayo....

luckily i can eat mayo with ANYTHING haha

Hi Lou, Tesco own brand full fat is fine love. and Yes, don't forget to eat loads of lovely green veggie leaves. :)