Confused

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lydia150970, 19 June 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Just having a little confused moan really. Was in Tescos today and bought some salted soya beans- thinking that as they were just roasted soya beans and salt they would be free (after all if I roasted them myself and threw some salt on they would be free) - checked on the SW website - no they are 5.5 syns for 28g!!! Just don't understand it.

I'll have these instead of crisps I think until they are used up. They are full of fibre though so thats good.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The question is "what have they been roasted in?" - probably oil and that's the reason for the syn value.

4. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    According to the packet, no oil just dry roasted with salt - hence why I was convinced they were free, I will eat them sparingly, at least for my 5.5 syns I know I am getting a shed load of protein and fibre!!! Every cloud...........

5. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've bought those in the past mistakenly thinking they'd be free, or at the most, a few syns for the lot.

They are scrummy and I really enjoyed them! But had to limit myself to a handful at a time.

I'm sure you'll be fine with them Lydia :) You have a good tactic!

6. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    thanks hun, I see they do chilli lemon corn kernels now as well, also 5.5 syns for 28g but they definintely are roasted in oil!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.