Confused

lydia150970

Gold Member
Just having a little confused moan really. Was in Tescos today and bought some salted soya beans- thinking that as they were just roasted soya beans and salt they would be free (after all if I roasted them myself and threw some salt on they would be free) - checked on the SW website - no they are 5.5 syns for 28g!!! Just don't understand it.

I'll have these instead of crisps I think until they are used up. They are full of fibre though so thats good.

The question is "what have they been roasted in?" - probably oil and that's the reason for the syn value.

According to the packet, no oil just dry roasted with salt - hence why I was convinced they were free, I will eat them sparingly, at least for my 5.5 syns I know I am getting a shed load of protein and fibre!!! Every cloud...........

I've bought those in the past mistakenly thinking they'd be free, or at the most, a few syns for the lot.

They are scrummy and I really enjoyed them! But had to limit myself to a handful at a time.

I'm sure you'll be fine with them Lydia :) You have a good tactic!

thanks hun, I see they do chilli lemon corn kernels now as well, also 5.5 syns for 28g but they definintely are roasted in oil!!

Back