Confused!!!

skinny_wannabe82

Hi all,

Was wondering if I could get your opinions!

I am going out to dinner tonight with the girls and was going to have an EE day so that I could have steak and jacket potato. I went on the SW website and looked at the syn values at JD Weatherspoons as a comparison to the bar I am going to.

Basically if having an EE day I would count a steak and JP as free? Would you? As seeing these syn values has made me realise I can so easily be messing up my diet without even realising!!

J D Wetherspoon 10oz Rump Steak with Jacket Potato, Peas, Tomatoes & Flat Mushroom per serving

red.gif
Original 32½ Syns
green.gif
Green 38½ Syns

Surely the steak is grilled and if I had the JP plain there are no syns?

I'm confused, considering going and not eating as don't want to be consuming this level of syns and sabotaging my diet!!

Help!! :)

The main problem here is SW haven't given us proper syn values for EE. JUst taking the lowest syn value isn't a true reflection in this example as the syn value on green is counting the steak as syns and the syn value on red is counting the potato and peas as syns- and as we know these are NOT synnable food on EE.

Personally I would ask the waitress to ensure the steak is grilled without oil and request the potato/peas have no butter added. Cut any excess fat from the steak and the lot is then free on EE

xxx

at wetherspoons, the steaks are injected with oil and all the jacket potatoes have an element of precooking which invloves them being basted with butter.

If you made these at home you'd know ofr sure nothing was added but in a restaurant you're always relying on the staff following your instructions!!!

I usually eat at wetherspoons alot, and was mortified myself at how high in syns all there steaks were, I can only gather that everything is fried.
I ate twice last week at wetherspoons, I had the salmon with jacket potato and veg, comes with hollindaise sauce, I just asked them to hold the sauce, was very nice too, I had that twice when I ate out, and still lost 2lb.

Its a nightmare!! I have looked at the menu online and was going to go for the tomato and basil pasta, but that probably has oil in it?!

I think I will go and just have a drink whilst they have dinner, stay in control by cooking for myself when I get home - I really don't want to run the risk of eating sooooooo many syns that I would never have even counted! Arrgghh!!

Thanks for the replies :) x

i eat in weatherspoons all the time,if i have steak i just remove all fat and have the jacket plain - maybe a bit of tom sauce, or i have the 5 bean chilli or tomato pasta with chicken breast and its never affected my losses.
xx

Sounds like you've been lucky then LittleMisscupcake. Blimey, makes you think. I thought I was eting healthily to put on weight, but would often have steak or jacket for pub lunched thinking I was doing the right thing. How can they get away with injecting blinking oil. No wonder the nation is becoming obese of pubs and restaurants get away with this without telling anyone!!

Lynda

Back