Confused

Gemini76

:confused: As I am in a different country I have to use the online syn calculator for everything as we dont have a lot of brands that are discussed on here but what's confusing me is the likes of fat free natural yogurt is syn free as are Muller lights, yet if I put all the data into the calculator they come up with syn values, so how does that work, is there something I am missing?

I would say that its down to what is 'allowed' and what you have as extra. If you calculated the syn value for everythign you'd go insane...well I would ;)

Its like when I have an Alpin Light as a grab and go HEB, its 'free' but if I had it as a snack it would have a syn value, 3 I think?

Hope that makes some sense ?
:D

It is likely that you have not included the free food allowance at the start by choosing fat free yoghurt from the drop down list.

If the main ingredient in the product is a free food then it gets a special allowance which reduces the syn value. There are exceptions and these are explained on the SW website

It is also bearing in mind if you have followed the directions correctly i.e. selecting a free food on the syns calculator and they are still coming up as syns, that this will actually be correct.

Not all fat free flavoured yoghurts are free. Some will have ingredients that take them over what the calculator will allow as free unfortunately.

I live in Canada, and sometimes shop in the US, there are only 2 brands of fat free flavoured yoghurts which are free, all the other many varieties have syns.

Thanks so much, eh feel like an ejit to say I didn't even see those drop down boxes so no wasn't clicking the free food allowance, I really knew I was missing something because I was getting syns for a few "free" things! Have now used it and practiced with natural yogurt, a normal low fat yogurt, muller light & quark and all came up free for easy plan, yeah!!! As I follow the EE I just chose the food allowance from the first list is that ok or should I fill in both?

Gemini76 said:
Thanks so much, eh feel like an ejit to say I didn't even see those drop down boxes so no wasn't clicking the free food allowance, I really knew I was missing something because I was getting syns for a few "free" things! Have now used it and practiced with natural yogurt, a normal low fat yogurt, muller light & quark and all came up free for easy plan, yeah!!! As I follow the EE I just chose the food allowance from the first list is that ok or should I fill in both?

Yes i would fill in both then you get all the options I think that is called smart syns??

Back