Confused!!!

soon2bslimmer77

ok ok it really does not take much, right I know that we HAVE to syn pureed fruit but if for example i have a mullerlight for breakfast a handfull of fresh cherriesand a bananna but then decide i want to make a smoothy out of the exact ingredients why do i have to syn it lol

It's to do with energy density and the way the body breaks down fruit. It's harder for your body to digest fruit than it is if it's puréed x

I'm not sure I understand the question? :confused: As you said, pureed fruit is synned. It doesn't matter whether you then put it in with a Muller to make a smoothie or eat it straight as it is, or whatever. If you puree fruit at any stage it has to be synned.

thank you emmamb it just confuses my brain slightly lol the fact that we chew so it is basically the same when swollowed must be the chewing bit its self maybe!

Oh you mean why IS it synned if its pureed, sorry :eek:

Partly because its ludicrously easy to swallow tons of it in a few mouthfuls once its reduced to a mush (it would take you quite a while to get through that amount in fruit if you had to bite and chew and swallow every mouthful etc, but you can easily get five or six or more bits of fruit in a small glass of pureed stuff which is swallowed in seconds) - and partly because like emma says the whizzer has done all the work for you. Its not so much the work your mouth would do *chewing* - its more that the whizzer breaks down all the cells and releases all the sugars that it would take the rest of your digestive system ages to break down, in fact your digestive systen would never break a lot of it down so it would just come out the other end IYKWIM. ;)

Whizzing it to a puree you're pretty much just eating sugar. That doesnt apply to vegetables cos they dont have so much sugar/calories in to start with :)

thanks ermintrude thats great xx

Back