Extra Easy Confused...

Hi guys.

Can you just clear this up for me as I'm a little confused...

So EE days I have to have 2/3 free food and 1/3 super free

So for example If I have a Spag Bol (turkey mince, pasta, passata, onions, mushrooms, garlic, Tom purée) would that count as free on EE. Is there enough super free there?

Tonight I'm having sw egg chips and beans. Does that mean I need some super free foods to make it free on EE? I.e side salad?

Help. Xx

Spag bol as you've described it would be a perfect sw meal as long as the veggies make up one third of the total meal.
The egg chips and beans would need superfree with it. As you suggest a side salad, or grilled tomatoes and mushrooms would be good too x

Last edited:
sam keeley said:
Hi guys.

Can you just clear this up for me as I'm a little confused...

So EE days I have to have 2/3 free food and 1/3 super free

So for example If I have a Spag Bol (turkey mince, pasta, passata, onions, mushrooms, garlic, Tom purée) would that count as free on EE. Is there enough super free there?

Tonight I'm having sw egg chips and beans. Does that mean I need some super free foods to make it free on EE? I.e side salad?

Help. Xx

Yes you would need a third super free on your place for your dinner tonight!
If you are following a EE day this must include your breakfast too. Your spagetti Bol would depend how much super free was in it and if you had a mountain of pasta or meat then no
It wouldn't be equal. It works on a basic principle of a third sf so you are not over eating and a third. Of your kcal intake would be v low kcal super free. Do you not a have a sw book? Have a flick though might make it easier to get to grips with the plan :)

Last edited:
Those big mushrooms are good for the egg chips and beans! Grill a big portobello mushroom and a grilled tomato and could have onions also.

But yeh I agree with keldelacoe, it needs to be equal! I have spag bol on green days with meat free mince makes that meal easier lol a lot of people on here have a side salad with their spag bol too though?

So the 2/3 free. For that have to be split equally between the foods that's are free on a green day and foods that are free on a red day.

Or could I have 2/3 's pasta for example and 1/3 superfree food.

This is what I can't get my head around! :s

I will defo have mushrooms, onions and tomatoes tonight :)

Xx

For breakfast I had a banana and 2 weetabix (hex ) with skimmed milk (HexA)

That's ok isn't it?

And lunch I had pasta, with a little bit of turkey in it, with mushrooms, passata, onion, peppers.

Is this ok? 2/3 was pasta 1/3 was superfree (turkey was probably about 1/10-only had a teeny it)

Thanks xx

Yip that brekkie and lunch sound fine xx

Yes of course, as long as your plate is equal to or more than one third of superfree, you can absolutely have pasta or any other free/synned food. xx

Hey you don't have to overthink things, lol it doesn't have to be 1/3 green day 1/3 red day for every meal don't worry! Have what you want as long as there's superfree in there. Sometimes if I'm having a meal which isn't gonna fit the superfree in I have a couple of pieces of fruit whilst its cooking.

Hey you don't have to overthink things, lol it doesn't have to be 1/3 green day 1/3 red day for every meal don't worry! Have what you want as long as there's superfree in there. Sometimes if I'm having a meal which isn't gonna fit the superfree in I have a couple of pieces of fruit whilst its cooking.

The idea of having the 1/3 superfree is so that you don't eat as much. So if you are eating the fruit whilst it's cooking to fill you up, and you are having a smaller portion because of it, then fine, but otherwise, eating the fruit would just mean consuming extra calories.

When I did SW previously, I often didn't have 1/3 superfree with my evening meal, and still lost and average of 2lbs a week. My leader told us it was a guideline, and if the meal you were having made it difficult to have the superfree, then we shouldn't worry about it.

The idea of having the 1/3 superfree is so that you don't eat as much. So if you are eating the fruit whilst it's cooking to fill you up, and you are having a smaller portion because of it, then fine, but otherwise, eating the fruit would just mean consuming extra calories.

When I did SW previously, I often didn't have 1/3 superfree with my evening meal, and still lost and average of 2lbs a week. My leader told us it was a guideline, and if the meal you were having made it difficult to have the superfree, then we shouldn't worry about it.

and that is why she suggested it before a meal apposed to afterwards

and that is why she suggested it before a meal apposed to afterwards

Yeh exactly, if I'm eating the fruit while the meals cooking I'm not gonna be properly starving and eat loads. I'm more likely to be full before the plates clear.

someone has done a thread on before saying we overthink the extra easy plan and to be honest I think we do, its meant to be easy to follow and it is but when you start stressing about superfree and stuff it just gets complicated :( some people don't like a lot of fruit/veg my cousin who I go to group with she doesn't like fruit and veg much so she just does green days. I on the other hand do love fruit and veg lol

I just see so many posts saying you MUST have 1/3 superfree with every meal, and it must be daunting and off-putting for newbies. I just try to balance out my superfree through the day. My breakfast is always 1/2 superfree, and msot of the time my lunch is. I eat a lot of chilli's and curries for evening meals so I usually get my superfree in the sauce. So if I fancy egg, chips and beans one evening, I'm not going to stress about the 1/3 superfree. It works for me anyway.

Rattybabe said:
I just see so many posts saying you MUST have 1/3 superfree with every meal, and it must be daunting and off-putting for newbies. I just try to balance out my superfree through the day. My breakfast is always 1/2 superfree, and msot of the time my lunch is. I eat a lot of chilli's and curries for evening meals so I usually get my superfree in the sauce. So if I fancy egg, chips and beans one evening, I'm not going to stress about the 1/3 superfree. It works for me anyway.

I think u r right about not getting stressed about it and finding what. Works for you.

I think the point of having super free is so that 1/3 of your plate is full of low calorie, high density food. This automatically restricts the amount of higher cal food. Ive done a lot research on this site on this subject!

Some people have spoken about having fruit after breakfast or having a side salad with their dinner. Both of which seem to defeat the object of having the 1/3 superfree in the first place.

Although I do think no matter how you take it it will have benefits. One of these is that I am likely to be fuller after eating a meal with superfree - whether on the plate or not - so less likely to snack.

When EE came out in January 2009 I think it was, they didn't emphasise the third of superfree and I for one was eating a LOT of chicken, chips and mushy peas type meals but not losing much. Obviously this was reflected in their statistics so they then started to push the third of superfree.

I used to struggle with meals like spag bol where even though I would put some extra veg in it I didn't think that I was having enough so I would either have a piece of fruit before or a small salad with it. It doesn't have to be exact, just a general guideline so we're not all filling up on more calorie laden food.

EE is a great plan, and a plan for life, so I think SW are doing all they can to ensure that it works for everyone. x

stivesliz said:
When EE came out in January 2009 I think it was, they didn't emphasise the third of superfree and I for one was eating a LOT of chicken, chips and mushy peas type meals but not losing much. Obviously this was reflected in their statistics so they then started to push the third of superfree.

I used to struggle with meals like spag bol where even though I would put some extra veg in it I didn't think that I was having enough so I would either have a piece of fruit before or a small salad with it. It doesn't have to be exact, just a general guideline so we're not all filling up on more calorie laden food.

EE is a great plan, and a plan for life, so I think SW are doing all they can to ensure that it works for everyone. x

I started doing this as 'm a bit OCD and a bowl of spag bol just doesn't look right if the bol bit is bigger than the spag bit....... Now I have 1/3 spag 1/3 Bol and a nice green salad for 1/3 superfree. I think with the veg in the Bol that's almost a success express meal TBH!! I do the same with curry by using an onion salad :)

I must admit it is difficult trying to work out what 1/3 super free should be when it doing things like a Spag Bol and pastas etc. this is where I think in struggling a bit.
I would put tomatoes onion mushrooms and garlic into a Spag bol, so not really sure if that would class as a third or if I would need something to top up my super free. I love a generous serving of Spag Bol too so would that affect it too?
The salad thing is a good idea, but then there are some dinners I don't think salad goes with and Spag Bol is one of them ;)

Questions questions questions.

Just so determined to get it right xx

Back