Confused....

browny85

Heya folks :)
Ok so a bit of history first, I'm 27 and 6ft tall female, I have a very bad history of eating disorders! The latest being anorexia which I have fully recovered from. My lowest weight (this time last year in fact), brings tears to my eyes writing this, but it was 8stone.
My recovered weight ended up heavier than I was originally which is why I turned to slimming groups as it is important I learn a healthy food relationship.
I tried sw first I was 11st 8lbs my weight loss was very slow on this and I had one gain.
After a break I turned to weight watchers.
My joining weight at ww is 11st 5.5. My goal is 10st 10. In one week (had my first weigh in today) I have lost 4.5lbs half of what I want to.
I am now scared this is some sort of 'fluke' and I will gain next week.
Unless ww is such a good plan for me it has woken my metabolism after the recovery from anorexia and therefore I am losing quicker.
Has anybody else had a high loss first week? If so what was your second week like? I don't want to be unprepared xxx

This was my first week at WW and I lost 5lbs, maybe not just you?

browny85 said:
Heya folks :)
Ok so a bit of history first, I'm 27 and 6ft tall female, I have a very bad history of eating disorders! The latest being anorexia which I have fully recovered from. My lowest weight (this time last year in fact), brings tears to my eyes writing this, but it was 8stone.
My recovered weight ended up heavier than I was originally which is why I turned to slimming groups as it is important I learn a healthy food relationship.
I tried sw first I was 11st 8lbs my weight loss was very slow on this and I had one gain.
After a break I turned to weight watchers.
My joining weight at ww is 11st 5.5. My goal is 10st 10. In one week (had my first weigh in today) I have lost 4.5lbs half of what I want to.
I am now scared this is some sort of 'fluke' and I will gain next week.
Unless ww is such a good plan for me it has woken my metabolism after the recovery from anorexia and therefore I am losing quicker.
Has anybody else had a high loss first week? If so what was your second week like? I don't want to be unprepared xxx

Can I say that I too suffered badly from the age of 17 to 27 with bulimia. I've recovered but food is still an issue for me, as it is for so many people. I think you've already marked the goal posts of being hard on yourself. You say you were disappointed or expected more of a weight loss on your first weigh in. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your loss-well done!! Even if you'd lost 1/2lb, a loss is a loss. However, if you go to class every week with expectations of what you "should" have lost, you are immediately setting yourself for disaster. It sounds like you need to relax a bit and cut yourself some slack. The weight will come off. Slowly. That's the right way to do it to keep it off. I don't want to sound mean but you've ONLY got 9.5lbs to reach to your goal. It might be worthwhile reading others stories whereby they need to lose stones. Like me!! Wishing you all the best wishes....but just relax a bit as your post does seem to be quite stress laden..xxxx and don't be hard on yourself either;-)

Ah thanks honey. I was in rehab with lots of girls with bullemia I saw how hard it is also had it very young. I am really enjoying this plan. And was over the moon with the weight loss. Just had a stressy night you know what it's like lol.
Everyone's doing so good on ww. I'm taking my Aunty to a meeting next week. She tried sw but finds it hard to stick to. I think she could do ww because it is so flexible zxx

browny85 said:
Ah thanks honey. I was in rehab with lots of girls with bullemia I saw how hard it is also had it very young. I am really enjoying this plan. And was over the moon with the weight loss. Just had a stressy night you know what it's like lol.
Everyone's doing so good on ww. I'm taking my Aunty to a meeting next week. She tried sw but finds it hard to stick to. I think she could do ww because it is so flexible zxx

I much prefer WW!! After all what I've just said, I found my weight loss REAL slow on SW. Not my bag at all!!

Yeah I started sw 11st 7 took 5 weeks to get to 11st 4 went on holiday came back 11st5.5 then after one week on ww got to 11st 1! And can eat whatever u like syns drove me insane! X

It's so difficult to even take a guess at what your WI next week will bring - 'cos everyone is so different and so many things contribute to the results. I lost 3lbs my first week on WW after switching from SW, without a break in between. Then I was poorly with a stomach bug and STS for two weeks, before I slowly started losing again. Some people STS or only lose half a pound their first week and then lose more the second week.

Your first week loss is a really good loss though, so even if you have the odd STS, I'm sure you'll get there if you persevere.

Not much of an answer to your question I know, but I really wanted to respond mainly to say well done on your recovery and to wish you luck with WW and building a healthy food relationship. :)

moonwatcher said:
It's so difficult to even take a guess at what your WI next week will bring - 'cos everyone is so different and so many things contribute to the results. I lost 3lbs my first week on WW after switching from SW, without a break in between. Then I was poorly with a stomach bug and STS for two weeks, before I slowly started losing again. Some people STS or only lose half a pound their first week and then lose more the second week.

Your first week loss is a really good loss though, so even if you have the odd STS, I'm sure you'll get there if you persevere.

Not much of an answer to your question I know, but I really wanted to respond mainly to say well done on your recovery and to wish you luck with WW and building a healthy food relationship. :)

No truer words spoken!!! I agree!! There's just no rhyme nor reason as to why we lose, STS, why weight losses differ week to week. One thing you can be sure of, eating too many pies=gain!! Ha ha ha! Good luck!x

Lost 2.5 lbs last week got half stone silver 7 too. Amazing in 2 weeks I lost half a stone only 2.5 lbs to goal now! Crazy and scales at home still going down :0 x

Hi browny85,
Iv done ww on & off for years & after losing 2st cpl months ago id put 1st bak on:( i joined a class last tues & weighd in ths mornin & iv lost 8lbs!!! Im very happy cause only 6 to go & tht stone is gone again:) so big losses can happen...dnt b put off,mayb it just suits u;) good luck:)

jambo said:
Hi browny85,
Iv done ww on & off for years & after losing 2st cpl months ago id put 1st bak on:( i joined a class last tues & weighd in ths mornin & iv lost 8lbs!!! Im very happy cause only 6 to go & tht stone is gone again:) so big losses can happen...dnt b put off,mayb it just suits u;) good luck:)

Amazing well done u :) I gained half a lb boooo but lost 6 in total so 3 to go now could be cos had week off exercise then went back to it hardcore last 2 days , water retention. Bet your so happy with loss well done x

Back