Confused

Comet

Ok I’m a little confused by this lb to stone conversion, some sites say 221lbs is 15st 11lb and some say it’s 15st 7lbs which is it?!?!! Would love it to be the lower number lol anyone have any input
Thanks

Google conversions don’t work because they’re too simplistic. To work out pounds back into stone you need to do the following:

173lbs would be 173 divided by 14 = 12.357. This is usually where google stops. Then you need to take the .357 and times it by 14 which gives you 4.9. So 173lbs is 12stine 4.9lbs.

So google says you weigh 12st 3lbs when actually it’s more like 12 stone 5lbs. This varies widely depending on where the digits after the point end up so you can be half a stone out if going by google and it’s always in your favour. The sad truth is by the formula above.

I’m such a geek 🤓

Google conversions don’t work because they’re too simplistic. To work out pounds back into stone you need to do the following:

173lbs would be 173 divided by 14 = 12.357. This is usually where google stops. Then you need to take the .357 and times it by 14 which gives you 4.9. So 173lbs is 12stine 4.9lbs.

So google says you weigh 12st 3lbs when actually it’s more like 12 stone 5lbs. This varies widely depending on where the digits after the point end up so you can be half a stone out if going by google and it’s always in your favour. The sad truth is by the formula above.

I’m such a geek 🤓
Thank you gymbunny
Makes perfect sense 😊 and don’t trust google hahaha

Back