Confusion about yogurt Syns or not syns??

yusef

Hi Everybody, I hope someone can help, I am confused about yogurts, which ones are free. I am veggie so can't eat mullerlight.
The danone yogurts feel fuller for longer yogurts are free when you put them into slimming world online syns but when you input the values into the calculator it comes out as 3 1/2 syns. Does anyone else have this problem?
Or anyone have any yogurts they can suggest which are free.
Thankyou hope to hear from you.

Melanie

did you make sure and add 'yogurt' into the 'contains free food' bit?

Hi,

Im veggie also & have the Shape Fuller For Longer, Ive looked them up in my SW Directory & they definately are free.

Just so you know, the Shape strawberry are not suitable for veggies!

Why put pig fat in one and not in the others? Or is it the red locust colouring?

I dont think its gelatine in the strawberry, not sure what it is but I know many strawberry yogurts are a no no for us veggies.

Check this out for a complete list of SYN FREE YOGHURTS.

www.minimins.com/syn-values/121314-syn-free-yoghurts.html

If it's colouring then it'll be that beetle colouring, because it's made from an animal, albeit a beetle, it's classed as not suitable for veggies.

Just a quick question again, when you syn something using the syn calculator, eg; if I were having quorn escalope would I put in that there is a free food in it.
Soz for all the questions its my 4th week on the plan.

yeah if quorn is an option, to get the correct syn value you must include the free food content. The calc will then assess how many calories come from the free food content - eg the protein in the quorn - and reassess the syn value accordingly.

Don't forget to only use the calculator if the item is not listed in the online syns section.
It doesn't always come out the same on the calculator as for the listed value.

Hope that makes sense, it does in my mind!

^^ Yeah deffo second that. Quorn escolapes should be in the Quorn syn guide on the webby. xx

If you look up cochineal in Wikipedia you can find out loads - probably more than anyone really needs to know! - about the tiny insects and how they are farmed and turned into cochineal colouring for food and carmine dye for fabrics.

Not for the squeamish, though!

Back