confusion between kilos and pounds... help needed!

emma-louise

Silver Member
hi everyone

ive been on SW nearly two weeks now, i weighed myself once just before i started and then again a week later. i borrowed some scales off my spanish flatmate, because everythings metric over there i could only weigh myself in kilos, but as im old fashioned that didnt really mean anything to me so i converted it online into stones and pounds, and this is where i got confused..

i weighed myself the first time at 101.8kg which came out at 16st and then a week later at 100.2kg which came out at 15st7 - to me that is a 7 pound loss? :confused:
but when i calculated the difference in kilos (1.6kg) this came out at only 4 pounds :confused::confused::confused:

so have i lost 7 pounds or have i lost 4 pounds? help pleaseeee!! im happy either way, a loss is a loss and it is only my first week :D

100.2kg isnt 15st7 its 15st 10 1/2,

to convert kg to lb you need to multiply by 2.204.

HTH

Heres a freeware conversion program I've been using for years: Convert
Its probably overkill for most but I've got to convert everything from height, temperature (for oven) and of course weight, you can also use the custom function to define exchange rates :). I also use it at work for different (more technical) units.

Last edited:
Some people might not know that you can also use Google for conversions. Just type it into the search box eg convert 23 pounds to dollars - and hey presto it gives you the answer!

....conversions aside, it's never a good idea to try and guage your wight loss/gain by using different scales. Even a cheapy set, used all the time, will give you a truer reading that steppign on 10 hi tech ones.

Consistency is the key
x

Back