Congratulations to all who live in the UK...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Leapfrog, 23 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ... and still manage to lose weight! I've just survived 12 days in The Land of Plenty and returned home to France feeling like Bloaty the Bloated Bloatfish.

I found it so difficult to resist all the delights of the British supermarket and takeaway - plus I felt obliged to show my French OH the best of British too. So we had fish and chips, curry, roast dinners (mum-style not SW style), crumpets, hot cross buns, toasted teacakes, Wendsleydale (the French just don't do crumbly cheese - unless someone knows otherwise?).

Anyway, I take my hat off to you all because I'm not sure I could resist all that temptation all tha time. I know that France has its own temptations, but I live in the country where take-aways don't exist, neither do convenience foods and supermarkets close at 7pm and all day Sunday.

Mind you, I do envy the free foods you can get - I managed to squeeze in some Mullerlights and came home with a suitcase full of Splenda & Frylight!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BaysideJ

BaysideJ Starting over

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.04%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    glad you had a great time. I don't know how you resist the temptation of the cheeses, bread and wine!! Those 3 things are my biggest downfall.

4. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well BaysideJ, I enjoy my cheese - often have it as all 4 HE when not on an EE. The wine is lovely, but I syn it in moderation. The bread I avoid totally, cos once I start I can't stop and I love it with lashings of French butter. I find that bread actually bloats me and makes me sluggish unless toasted.

5. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    isn't it funny, i always think that when i go away anywhere futher than bristol its like my will power is 0 LOL .. i expect if we went to france it'd be the same!

glad you had a good time though hunny!

6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Ah the grass is always greener!!!!!!!!!!

7. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    oooh whenever I go to France I always have to make sure I get loads of exercise. Nothing better than a fresh croissant, or a tartine for breakfast. Same with the wine, the coq au vin, etc etc :)

8. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I suppose it does come down to the grass being greener! I feel so much "safer" here in France without all the distractions :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.