Considering CD- any advice???

hiya kirsty!

believe the scales hun, i lost 12lbs in my first week!!!

i am on facebook. i'm Gemma Ellen Smith on there if you want to add me!

got to run and pick my other half up! speak soon! x

Its tough but very effective. My advice would try and get on with life. Not saying you wont have to change a few things but try not to let it take over your life and obsess, get in a good routine of eating and drinking. First few weeks are wierd but once you get over it, it becomes part of life and the good losses will more than keep you motivated to stick at it. :)

CD is fab... but it is a once in a lifetime deal... I was so dedicated but couldn't get back into it after putting on some weight my own fault.

Keep it up and the results will follow - it really is amazing. At one point I was dropping a dress size every week!

Hi everyone,
it is so good to read all the things you have to say. The encouragement is great, you all seem so friendly and understanding. I have struggled with my self esteem for many many years and hidden behind my weight, always blaming it for me being unhappy and yet never really doing too much about it.
I am on day 2 of SS and still thinking about food, though not to the degree I thought I would, my problem time is at home later watching TV, would usually have a bar of chocolate or big bag of crisps so am looking forward to ketosis.
I will be certain to log on each day and will try and participate in the threads once I have a good weight loss.
Best wishes to everyone xxx
Sharon

I am so excited about my appointment with my CDC on the 19th of this month, reading all of your inspirational stories has motivated me so much. So this weekend i am having a nice weekend with the wine and a curry and then on monday i am going to have a week of fish meat and veg no starchy carbs and loads of water. I have a works dinner dance on friday so i will be drinking but at the meal i will again stick to protein and green veg where possible. This forum is fabulous an i look forward to being on here when i am in full ketosis and losing with the rest of you xx Lisa xx

Hello Jimmyshoo, I am on day 3 of CD and yes it is strange not having to think about food as badger says earlier, I am one of those people who would be eating without realising. My stomach is rumbling and that is not something i have heard for a long time, I am dreading the weekend as that is when I would usually go get a take away so keep trying to think of things to do that dont involve food (wish they would take all the adverts off the tv about food aswell), maybe go and look at the clothes I will be able to buy in a few weeks. Enjoy your weekend, savour every mouthful and then be determined. I am also looking for all the help I can get from here, and waiting for the ketosis to take me forward.
Sharon x

Back