Considering LT

Loser85

Gold Member
Evening all,

I am considering changing to LT from WW. The losses are too small for me weekly just now. I have too much to shift. I have used the CD before and have been sucessful, just getting to counsellors isnt easy. I have a pharmacy 5 mins from my house that does LT.

I was wondering if BMI is a factor with this diet. I know with CD you have to be BMI under 40 to do it without a doctors siggy. Is this the same? (I tried the LT official websire but couldnt find info. D'oh!)

All help appreciated.

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa,

You will be fine to start Lipotrim as your BMI needs to be over 25 and provding you don't have any medical issues.

If you decide to do Lipotrim you definately won't regret it, the losses are fab!

Clair x

THanks hun :)

My BMI is about 50 now so i have to do something and quick. Do you just go to the Pharmacy and enquire? My OH gets paid in 2 weeks time so will be starting around there if possible. Hopefully itll all work out so can get a stone off before hols in August.
I see youve had an amazing loss. Well done you, how did you feel doing this long term? I'll be long term i think.

Hi LL,
Im really glad you posted this. I too am moving from ww to LT but have been meaning to start a thread regarding it - am worried that as Im already on a low fatish diet, so to speak, that I wont get the losses everyone else is.

Im big enough to though.

Im actually annoyed with ww LOL!! so ridiculous as its a diet for God's sake but I actually feel like its let me down :-(

I lost 7stone in 10 month on ww between 2007 and 2008. I had a baby in Jan and gained loads and loads back during pregnancy. Went on ww two days after my son was born - and have lost a measly 23lbs in 12 weeks. FIVE of those weeks I have lost - NOTHING - even though I've been sticking to it 100%. Am fed up now, should be so much lighter by now and feel cheated. First time round I was guaranteed to loose weight each week with ww but it just doesnt appear to be working for me anymore...

The very best of luck - Im starting on Wednesday, I can only do it for a month as I've a wedding that I want to enjoy but if its good, will go back on it.. will be keeping an eye on your posts.. x

Im the same Nikki, lost 5 stone on WW 4 years ago, had my daughter in 2007, gained 6 stone. Played about and lost 2, gained 3 etc. WW isnt working for me this time either. Lost 3lb in 1st week then nothing since, will be my 4th WI on Tues. Not holding out hope though. I think i need to just step away from food completely for a while. Give myself a chance to think and re assess. Will be going to pharmacy tomorrow for info and all being well will start in 2 weeks time when funds are available. Good luck to you hun, hope LT gives you what WW's cant.

You've just said exactly what I mean (only better!). Love your profile pic - baby is gorgeous!!. Thought I was the only one who put on so much when pregnant - I keep hearing of people 2 stone heavier just as they are ready to pop!!!. Thank you.

Will do this together? looking forward to us both shrinking x

The profile pic is an old one, she'll be 3 this July. I gained 3.5 stone whilst pregnant, the rest came afterwards. Eating takeaways etc being too tired to cook. Most women ive spoke to maybe gained 3 stone maximum. I'm glad to find im not the only 1 with more. We can stick together on this and be diet buddies if you like? IE you kick my arse if i get all mopey and want to stop, and ill do the same for you. Keep each other motivated. :D

I would love that! thank you so much - for what its worth, Im an expert arse kicker ;-)

THanks hun :)

My BMI is about 50 now so i have to do something and quick. Do you just go to the Pharmacy and enquire? My OH gets paid in 2 weeks time so will be starting around there if possible. Hopefully itll all work out so can get a stone off before hols in August.
I see youve had an amazing loss. Well done you, how did you feel doing this long term? I'll be long term i think.

You can just pop along to your nearest pharmacy or make an appointment over the phone as they may be busy.
As I am getting closer to my goal, my losses have slowed down, but I am still determined to get to my goal, no matter how long it takes. Try not to think of how long it will take you, just take one day at a time. The first few days or so are pretty rough, but once you have your first WI you will feel fantastic and determined to carry on.

Clair x

Back