Considering S&S. Advice??

xxAlliexx

Hi everyone!

I feel like a bit of a traitor, but I'm currently doing Exante and getting a bit bored. I fancy trying S&S. Just been on their website but can't find all the answers to my questions. So thought I'd gatecrash your forum and see if you can help;

I would have 4 packs a day (want to do VLCD as I am now). I have noticed you can also have milk mixed with one of the shakes and some veg. My questions are;

1) What is the daily skimmed milk allowance (it would be so nice to have white coffee again!)

2) Do the shakes etc taste OK when you mix them with water instead of milk?

3) Is the veg just an addition to to one of the S&S meals?

4) On Exante you can use Tesco ultraslim bars or the Asda ones instead of the Exante bars. Are there any alternatives you can use with this diet?

Has anyone changed from Exante to S&S? If so how do they compare?

Sorry for all the questions!! :eek:

Hey allie!

1) you can have 150mls of skimmed milk.
2) ive only ever used water to make my shakes and i really enjoy them. cant really think of any flavours i dont like.
3) the veg is additional to the 3 or 4 packs. they give you a list of accepted veg you can have.
4) i dont know of any alternatives to the s&s bars.

hope that helps :)

Hey allie!

1) you can have 150mls of skimmed milk.
2) ive only ever used water to make my shakes and i really enjoy them. cant really think of any flavours i dont like.
3) the veg is additional to the 3 or 4 packs. they give you a list of accepted veg you can have.
4) i dont know of any alternatives to the s&s bars.

hope that helps :)

Thanks Ruby Shoes! That's really helpful. Definitely gonna try it. And pleased the shakes are OK with water, what a luxury it would be to have a drop of milk in me coffee! xx

happy to have you joining the s&s family allie! im really enjoying the diet so far and been making some really nice meals with the packs/veg/extra protein.

the tea and coffee allowance is a life saver, especially now its so cold.

There are alternatives to the SnS bars but I'm not sure what they are. Might be worth asking the question in the main SnS forum as more people will see it there. Also, there are some great stickies in the main SnS forum which will answer lots of questions.

happy to have you joining the s&s family allie! im really enjoying the diet so far and been making some really nice meals with the packs/veg/extra protein.

the tea and coffee allowance is a life saver, especially now its so cold.

Thank you! Unfortunately I just has a count-up of my Exante packs and still got a month left :( so that's a bit disappointing! Oh well, I can look forward to trying S&S after xmas at least (can't afford to waste that much!). Thank you for all your advice xx

There are alternatives to the SnS bars but I'm not sure what they are. Might be worth asking the question in the main SnS forum as more people will see it there. Also, there are some great stickies in the main SnS forum which will answer lots of questions.

Thanks for that Weasey, I'll look on the forum now. Hopefully with S&S having such a wider range of bars etc than Exante I wouldn't need to seek alternatives. But I wanted to know just in case I didn't like them. Appreciate your help xxx

No problem. Also, if you want you can combine the Exante and SnS bars. It's not completely straight forward though as Exante is 3 a day and SnS 4 a day. If you use something like MyFitnessPal you can combine the packs as long as in any one day...

1) You have at least 50g of protein

2) You have a maximum of 65g of carbs (some people can eat more and stay in ketosis)

The SnS packs are all in MFP - I would assume that Exante packs are too. Alternatively just do what you are currently planning. Good luck on your journey!

No problem. Also, if you want you can combine the Exante and SnS bars. It's not completely straight forward though as Exante is 3 a day and SnS 4 a day. If you use something like MyFitnessPal you can combine the packs as long as in any one day...

1) You have at least 50g of protein

2) You have a maximum of 65g of carbs (some people can eat more and stay in ketosis)

The SnS packs are all in MFP - I would assume that Exante packs are too. Alternatively just do what you are currently planning. Good luck on your journey!

Thank you again! Just noticed your losses; inspirational! Hope I can be as successful as you x

xxAlliexx said:
Thank you again! Just noticed your losses; inspirational! Hope I can be as successful as you x

Ta - you're very kind! I'm working hard at maintenance now so fingers crossed...

Back