Considering Slim&Save

Claireabella86

Hey all SnS folk!

So Ive been noseying about this forum for a while and am seriously considering trying Slim&Save. First tried Cambridge for about 3 weeks but found it very expensive and didnt feel I got much support from my Consultant. Also it was a pain having to travel to her every week. I came off Cambridge, and decided to do strictly Calorie Counting. Managed this for a month or so before working 13days in a row and completely fell off the wagon, and sadly Ive never attempted to get back on it again.

I live with my Fiance who is 11 stone (a stone and a half lighter than me!) and can eat whatever he likes =( and when we're both sat infront of the telly at night after work this is when we pig out. Tea and biscuits, crisps, cheese and toast etc etc... And this is not helping my forever growing waistline!

Ive made the decision to make another go at losing weight after seeing so many people success stories. I get paid on Thursday so will be purchasing my packs then and will be ignoring the Greggs and Subways at lunch time at work.

Need to do this for me. Sometimes Im completely happy with my figure and weight and enjoy my curves and other times I hate and feel disgusted with the weight Ive gained. When Im feeling horrible this is worse than when I feel good so I need to sort it. Ashamed to say my Fiance bought me designer jeans for last Xmas which were too small. After returning them and getting the biggest size I could get I got home to find that these also didnt fit. I told myself Id be in them for March and they are still sitting in my drawer of clothes all too small for me.

Hope to be on here a lot more when I get my packs, getting support, and reading all your success stories.

Hello everybody =)

Hi and welcome :)

I too did cambridge before, successfully lost 6 stone then lost the urge & put most back on over the past 2 yrs.
Personally I think S&S is the easiest diet out there, I am on my 7th week and have not felt a single urge to cheat at all (with CD i used to cheat every monday after my official weigh in)

Good luck with your journey & hope you enjoy the ride!! We are always here for moral support, advice or a kick up the rear :rolleyes:

Set yourself mini goals its easier then trying to view the finish line!

Aww ta Gemzy! Always good to know theres someone there to snap you back into it! =) Im still not sure of all the ins and outs with SnS but from what Ive read online its pretty much like CD but with veg (I loveeee veg) I felt Cambridge was so strict that I was miserable and not even losses on the scales could make up for it. Hoping this will be different.

Congrats on your 7 weeks and no cheats! That is definetly something to be proud of. I cheated on Cambridge with a fruit salad thinking it was a "good cheat" only to find out fruit was a terrible thing to have as it brings you out of ketosis! (something my consultant neglected to tell me) What have your losses been while on SnS?

My offical weigh day is in 2 days so up til last wednesday I've lost 32lb :) I had an amazing first week (12lb - lost 8lb first week with CD) then averaging 4lb a week since (which again is more than CD but I was cheating with that)

I'm doing 4pks a day (3 shakes & a meal pk+veg) most days, I have had the odd bar instead of a shake & every friday I have 3 pks & protein+veg as I work nightshift & find it easier to pick on chicken slices through the night :cool:

Weirdly I found with CD 3 shakes never seemed enough but with S&S I find most days I am having to force myself to have the 4th pk, the meal pks with a portion of salad/veg are surprisingly filling :)

Oh my! Congrats! If I lost 12lb in my first week I'd die!! Well not literally but wow! Well done!

Im quite excited there is a "meal" and veg allowed. This makes me feel more confident going into it knowing that Im not living on only shakes. While on CD i struggled with the shakes during work. I work in a shop. With no kitchen, toilet or sink area and couldnt take the shakes to work to make them up. I ended up going from 8 in the morning until I was home after 6 with nothing. Which now I think about it was probably not doing me any good. I'll need to see if I can arrange to make them up and bring them in a cool bag or something.

I hope my losses are as good as yours! What an achievement!

You're supposed to drink them within 10 minutes as they lose nutrients, I take my shaker to work with the water in ready, just add pack & shake, they mix easily.

Welcome and good luck with slim and save. Your work environment sounds challenging but you could always take a bar for during the day as that may be s lot easier x

Hiya, another S&S convert here! I did lighterlife a while back and lost 3 stone, didn't make it to target as I got fed up, LL was the most strict VLCD ever! Then I tried cambridge, then exante, now s&s and its great! I try to avoid ' real' food as much as possible but little things like the milk allowance really help me. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! Makes me more positive when people tell me SnS is like a treat compared to Cambridge! So am I right in saying its 3 packs a day one of them being a "meal" with veg?

Working environment is a total pain. I work in a town centre. Greggs is next door and Subway further along, and Im normally very busy so jump in and grab a sausage roll or pasty that can be eaten quickly. But as we all know are full of rubbish! Especially when their washed down with a coke! Shame on me! I feel good. I was good and never cheated when doing the calorie counting and saw the pounds come off slowly but just got a bit bored however I hope with SnS the pounds coming off will be bigger and come off quicker to spur me on.

Hope this is it for me! Once I lose the weight I can maintain it. One hurdle at a time! =)

Concerned about using a shaker. Found I only got rid of the powdery bits when I used a wee hand blender I have at home. Does the shaker make it nice and smooth? I only ask cos when I taste any chunky bits in the shake it makes me gag! =)

"Makes me more positive when people tell me SnS is like a treat compared to Cambridge! So am I right in saying its 3 packs a day one of them being a "meal" with veg?"

No, it's either four packs a day or three packs and 100g lean protein, like chicken breast or a couple of eggs, or salmon, and if you choose this option you must take a multi vitamin as well. The 200g listed veg and the 150ml skimmed milk are optional with either plan, and I always use them. You should also try to drink about six pints of fluids - I don't find this a problem as I've trained myself to drink a pint of water before each meal, and have a few mugs of tea during the day!

If you don't have a kettle at work you could take a pack of soup and a thermos of boiling water and make up a mug of soup at lunch time, or pack up some cooked chicken breast and salad, for example, for a 'real' meal? Hope that helps! :)
p.s. you'll get a sheet with full instructions in with the packs you ordered!

Last edited:
It's perfectly smooth done on shakers hun
:)

Plenty of lunch options on plan if your stuck that don't involve greggs LOL and you can have a coke zero :)

Best of luck with the plan xxx

Thanks ladies! I'll need to give the info a good read when I receive my pack. I'll also invest in a shaker. I just assumed a "meal" (albeit a SnS meal) was included when I read people talking about macaroni cheese and such. I'll need to get swotting up so Im not unintenionally cheating! =)

And the Greggs never tastes as good as it smells. Wish I worked in an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. I tell myself Im not having a Greggs and someone sits on the benches infront of my work eating a pie and BAM! Im in the queue in Greggs eyeing up all the crap!

Coming on here everynight after work will keep me going. Inspire me to not give in! =)

I work in a bakery delicatessen, its hard! I can get lovely tuna salad for lunch for free though, and loads of espressos.
I like to have a shake, then salad for lunch, then a 'meal' pack -the spaghetti, chilli and whatnot for tea and a bar afterwards, so 3 packs and a meal.

Claireabella86 said:
Thanks ladies! I'll need to give the info a good read when I receive my pack. I'll also invest in a shaker. I just assumed a "meal" (albeit a SnS meal) was included when I read people talking about macaroni cheese and such. I'll need to get swotting up so Im not unintenionally cheating! =)

And the Greggs never tastes as good as it smells. Wish I worked in an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. I tell myself Im not having a Greggs and someone sits on the benches infront of my work eating a pie and BAM! Im in the queue in Greggs eyeing up all the crap!

Coming on here everynight after work will keep me going. Inspire me to not give in! =)

They are included you can have 4 s &s meals a day if you so wish. I have 2 :p the bars are limited to one a day.

I started in January with Cambridge did it for 2 weeks and lost 19lb but like you I found it expensive I had to travel a fair way and the support was non existent she was a product pusher that's it. Slim and save is a dream in relation to that. I love it. I have let myself down the last few months and have been maintaining which is ok but I could of been at goal by now... But I'm on day 3 now round 2 and feeling great. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do x

Its really exciting to hear people being so positive about it!! And if Im being honest while doing Cambridge I got more support on this forum than I did from my Consultant. And she wasnt slim which was confusing as I thought the consultants had all been there and done it.

Im going to wean myself off carbs and crap in the next couple days in time for my packs arriving next week so my body doesnt go into total shock with lack of rubbish! =P I feel so confident about this one. I just have to give it a proper go and mean it.

Who knows I could be in a slinky size 10 dress in time for Christmas!! =P

And if I worked in a bakery/delicatessan ....... Forget it! Id have no chance resisting temptation! Id be having pastries for brekkie, lunch and dinner! x

Let us know how you get on once you get your packs. I find the bars re great for when I am at uni or in work, and no one questions them, unlike if I was making a shake. I bought a shaker from sports direct for 99p, the shakes are smooth (except for cookies and cream, but I think that's a manufacturing error). I'm loving the diet so far, I have been hungry the past 4 days but today is day 5 and no hunger :) I have a 500ml bottle with me at all times and makes sure I re-fill and drink it at least 4 times, drinking half before each sachet/ meal. I don't have the protein, just 4 packs and veg. My favourite meal pack so far is the mushroom pasta closely followed by the spaghetti, and so quick too, no weighing, just add water and microwave (or pop on the hob).

I've tried every diet going and the best I have ever managed is a couple of stone off then bam, stop. So far this is one of the easiest and best diets I have tried. I say easy you still need the willpower but if your head is in the right place you are laughing. Good luck with it :)

at my work there is loads of lovely salad and healthy soup too! the cakes are rarely on offer, there is lots of bread on offer which is hardest to resist as its lovely artisan bread. but after a while ive got used to all the food there, its always there, I cant eat it all anyway diet or not, its like anything, you go to town and all the usual food places are there but they always will be, its more exciting to try new things and healthy things!

Back