Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

Excited about Conso? Stab? Not me. I'm staying in attack forever... ;)

So far so good... but probably still bacon sarnies being eliminated! oooh dear we're talking dirty in Robin's diary!

Just realised that conso finishes for me in a fortnight (but will depend on the scales - may continue until the end of the month if not on track) so will start to think of plan of action for phase IV. Bit scary!

Exactly my thoughts! Mine kind of could start next week but I'll hang on with conso till the end of Jan I think, maybe depending on this Friday's weigh-in...
What Jo reposted about Stab is quite close to the English version in the book, except that Salmon is discouraged but allowed in specified quantities (225g fresh OR 175g smoked), and you are advised to check the carb content of your dairy and choose accordingly (no Fromage Blanc available here...) and max 675g (1.5 lb). And of course the long explanation on Veal is a bit wasted, apart from being hard to get it's also v.expensive. I have never bought it myself in the UK, only had it in restaurants.

Yes we get 3 TB of Oatbran, but I wonder about Thursdays? 1? 2? I am going to experiment with making 'granola' to sprinkle on my morning yoghurt...

Exactly my thoughts! Mine kind of could start next week but I'll hang on with conso till the end of Jan I think, maybe depending on this Friday's weigh-in...
What Jo reposted about Stab is quite close to the English version in the book, except that Salmon is discouraged but allowed in specified quantities (225g fresh OR 175g smoked), and you are advised to check the carb content of your dairy and choose accordingly (no Fromage Blanc available here...) and max 675g (1.5 lb). And of course the long explanation on Veal is a bit wasted, apart from being hard to get it's also v.expensive. I have never bought it myself in the UK, only had it in restaurants.

Yes we get 3 TB of Oatbran, but I wonder about Thursdays? 1? 2? I am going to experiment with making 'granola' to sprinkle on my morning yoghurt...

I thought about making galettes and freezing them for Thursdays. In winter I have porridge every day but I suppose the milk needed for that is too high in carbs. The galette is what Dr D prefers as it's the lowest in carbs/highest in protein out of the brans recipes.

I would say to stick with the 3 tbs of OB - on Thursdays my calorie intake is going to be low, so I'm not cutting back on that too!

However, if I find PP days too restrictive once back on 'unlimited' food, I'm going to do 2 cruise PV days instead. I wouldn't advise it (as Dr D doesn't) but I know that if every Thursday is to be miserable because of very limited food, it will have repercussions on the whole household. In any case, I'll try strict PP day before making the changeover - I won't be weighing myself after a month or so on stabilisation and am looking forward to putting the scales in the cupboard and leaving them there and will go by clothes, etc so I won't be upset by the odd fluctuation because I won't know about it.

Breaking lots of rules, I image but if it works I don't mind too much!

Food for today -

B - Dukan porridge
L - 'fried' eggs and ham, fromage blanc
S - yogurt
D - roast chicken, fromage blanc/onion/curry sauce on the side

Last edited:
Hi Laura,

yes that sounds sensible. I made myself muffins for today. And of course - if you can find a formula that works then I would stick with that. I think some of the extra strict PP instructions (like only one egg yolk) are added if a 'normal-ish' strict PP if not having the desired effect. And as you say - be more restrained the rest of the week and it should all balance out.

Daughter's birthday tomorrow, so galette des rois made (and looking good!) - not that I'll be eating any (it's a bit rich after the excesses of the last couple of weeks, I'd rather have fruit)! Husband's parents coming for lunch and she has a friend here too (and will be having cake/sweets at school in the afternoon). Menu for tomorrow -

PV conso with carbs

B - Dukan porridge, apple
L - roast pork (allowed on conso), small baked potato, cabbage, bread and cheese (or may have this in the evening)
D - green salad, smoked salmon scrambled eggs, fromage blanc

Last edited:
As you both know, a lot of the additional info on Stab on French sites has been given by Dukan followers who found his (French) book rather lacking in solid detail and information where Stabilisation Phase 4 was concerned, and so people got together and compared notes - which is great.

However, where you two in particular differ from most of us on here (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that this diet, for both of you, is pretty much your first and so your respective bodies have reacted exactly as he intended in the book. Also, as neither of you were "binge eaters" before, neither of you go too far over the top on galas and carb portions, and so you HOPEFULLY won't find your weight creeping up and up as some did/do on Conso even, let alone Stab!

Hence what you are both suggesting above sounds absolutely perfectly adapted for you both.

Unfortunately though, those with a heavy dieting past (i) find it harder to stay as restrained as you two have been, and (ii) find their weight creeps up at each gala meal and carb intake, and so the strictest of PPs on a Thursday is the only chance of trying to come out of the week relatively sane... (et encore!!)

The 3 x tablespoons oatbran is for life in Stabilisation, so Thursdays too...

Keep posting... keep ruminating... loving it!
(On my French site, too many in Conso/Stab have had to return to Cruise which is such a shame - and so depressing to see...)

Thanks Jo!

I have dieted once before (properly - although didn't stabilise and put weight back on after a stressful illness bout with both parents in hospital before I'd reached goal) and a few half-hearted attempts now and again since then (without cutting back on cheese:eek:). I think the difference here is that I have had a massive wake-up call seeing how ill my Mum was (and her health had been bad for years).

The chocolate cravings have gone (had some orangettes - my favourite - over Christmas, but daughter ate more of them than I did) and I can limit cheese. Apart from that (and the odd feast with friends) it was all healthyish.

That said, another increase today, so am (reluctantly) going to cut fruit back to one portion a day until next weigh in. I need to get 1 1/2 kilos off (3 weeks worth of gains in there) before I start stabilisation. Not making any other changes though, apart from more exercise (not done much this week - 2 sessions - unless nose blowing counts) and I'm not going to be eating sugar-free sweets for my sore throat either!

I got some sugar free Strepsils. Nasty lemon flavour! But they enabled me to swallow and speak without coughing at work!

Sugar-free menthol here - not great taste-wise but soothing for the throat and effective for my nose too!

New plan of action from now on

30 minutes exercise bike daily minimum +
walk as usual (weather permitting)

Cutting out coffee and replacing it with water

One portion of fruit per day

No more ham!

Morning

Exercise done - 500 calories on exercise bike, 600 ml water and 2 cups of tea drunk so far. Off out for a walk after coffee (will be the only one of the day).

PV conso and gala

B - porridge, yogurt, apple
L - omelette, fromage blanc
D - gala - green salad with Dukan-friendly dressing, haggis, tatties and carrot/white turnip mash (no neeps here:(), bread and cheese from conso allowance, Dukan-friendly floating islands (maybe won't eat it anyway, imagine I'll be full)

Wow you'll be clocking up a 2lb loss by the end of the week I think! Nice Gala, looks a little similar to mine (which I won't repost here ;-) ), except for my dessert...
Have a nice Sunday.

Looking good Laura, when is Stabilization for you?

Sorry just read you signature (doh)

Morning (just)!

Normal conso PV day here!

B - Dukan porridge
L - tuna 'mayonnaise', green salad, orange
S - bread and cheese
D - chicken and veg casserole type thing, yogurt

Looking good Laura, when is Stabilization for you?

Hopefully by the end of the month, but who knows? I'll get rid of the Christmas/New Year excess weight and do another conso week after that. I won't be going onto proper stabilisation straight away though, will do it in stages.

Morning!

PV conso + carbs

B - Dukan porridge
L - soupe au pistou - haricot beans, potato (carbs) and a handful of pasta (instead of bread), onion, courgette, green beans, basil, tomato and parmesan (cheese ration)
S - fromage blanc
D - hardboiled egg whites, spinach in white sauce, apple

Back