Constant stress keeps causing me to fail

samantha1978

Been doing cd for 3 weeks now 1st week was great lost 15lbs then after that iv had one problem after another, then my motivation just keeps going, i then eat, then feel awful. I need to combat comfort eating. how can i change this, i so want to lose weight:mad:

Hi
Im the same as u i started a new job in november, i had amazing dreams that it would be perfect from the beginning. But it hasnt its been really hard to fit in its taken 11 weeks and me to gain another stone!
Its really hard but the only way i can do it is to be selfish. Im doing this for me i dont care what anyone else has to say, i come in from work have my soup then bath and bed. To relax and read, something i never have time for. I love spending time with my husband so food was a massive part of that but its putting our health at risk, ive got two members of my family with nasty illnesses that they cant control. I can control what i eat!!
You can stick to it. I bet you will amaze youself with the amount of willpower you really do have.
Let me know
Kelly
Xx

Have you heard of 'the Beck Diet Solution' by Dr Judith Beck? This is a weight loss psychology book. One of the issues she specifically talks about is how to deal with feeling that you can't diet when you're stressed.

Keep on....

At the moment, I am quite stressed out and I find that the diet actually helps. I use it as my constant, my control. No matter what's happening around me, my routine is the same. I have four shakes a day and I eat every four hours.

It's not easy. I am an emotional eater and it doesn't really matter what emotion I'm feeling, I'll overeat and now with this diet it's almost like I can see it as a seperate entity. I've been keeping a diary where I can pour out everything I'm feeling, whether I'm angry or happy or whatever. I also talk about it, sometimes I just rant to my poor colleague and she's wonderful, she really helps me to understand what it's about or sometimes she just listens.

I also don't look to the future with this diet either, it's day by day. At the end of each day, I pat myself on the back and say "Another day down." Your mind has to be in the right place and you just have to put your head down and get on with it.

Good luck, if you need any support, this is the best place to be (and I have a friendly ear!)

Hannah

I totally understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, I am in the same place, OH troubles, LO teething, annoyed with how I look, one big circle but am fed up of making excuses...''I can't do it now because......!!
No more, I want to do this now and then at least that is one thing off the list that I am stressing about xxx

Good luck hun, I'm also here to support you xxx

Back