Constipated on Orlistat

jenny19888

Hi, I was wondering if anyone suffered with constipation when they started taking Orlistat? I have been taking them for 3 days and have had no movement and am very bloated :( Thanks xx

Not sure on this one. I'm guessing you've changed what you are eating since starting, and your body could need to adjust. Water is really important on orlistat and should also help. If you're eating to the rules hopefully it will settle. Do try plenty of water. I think some of the guys here did take aloe Vera juice which may help?I really hope this settles down for you soon. Best of luck on you're journey, and let us know how you're getting on.

jenny19888 said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone suffered with constipation when they started taking Orlistat? I have been taking them for 3 days and have had no movement and am very bloated :( Thanks xx

Yes, I did, and still do over a year on. :( xx

Not sure on this one. I'm guessing you've changed what you are eating since starting, and your body could need to adjust. Water is really important on orlistat and should also help. If you're eating to the rules hopefully it will settle. Do try plenty of water. I think some of the guys here did take aloe Vera juice which may help?I really hope this settles down for you soon. Best of luck on you're journey, and let us know how you're getting on.

Thank u, my diet hasn't changed much since taking them as I have been doing slimming world for 6 months. Hopefully it will settle. Thanks again xxx

It is a common problem, especially in the early days, probably connected to a very low fat diet. Take something really mild if you need to, it won't do you any harm. Taking more fibre/fruit and drinking loads of course will also help.

KB

jenny19888 said:
I hope it goes away. Does it affect your weight loss? Also do you take laxatives to ease the constipation aswell as Orlistat? Thank u xx

I've lost 7.5 stone so far, so I'd say no. I do sometimes take a couple of Senokot if it gets bad. Don't worry about it. :) xx

It is a common problem, especially in the early days, probably connected to a very low fat diet. Take something really mild if you need to, it won't do you any harm. Taking more fibre/fruit and drinking loads of course will also help.

KB

Thank you xxx

I've lost 7.5 stone so far, so I'd say no. I do sometimes take a couple of Senokot if it gets bad. Don't worry about it. :) xx

Brilliant! Well done! I was worried it wouldn't work if I was constipated. But clearly its still working for you :) Thank you xx

jenny19888 said:
Brilliant! Well done! I was worried it wouldn't work if I was constipated. But clearly its still working for you :) Thank you xx

Thank you. :) Yes, something is definitely working. As most people on here will tell you, the majority of the weight loss comes from your own efforts, not the tablets; they're just an assistant or form of willpower. xx

Thank you. :) Yes, something is definitely working. As most people on here will tell you, the majority of the weight loss comes from your own efforts, not the tablets; they're just an assistant or form of willpower. xx

Completely! They were my willpower in a little blue capsule while I was on them & still sit in my cupboard & handbag incase!!!!

Thank you. Yeah iv been reading up and I know its mainly will power/ discipline. I know they aren't a miracle pill, I have been doing slimming world for 6 months now and have lost 2stone 5lb on my own so far and I have no intensions of changing it just because of taking the pills, I just hope these pills will help with discipline as sometimes I can't stop myself from the odd occasional binge :( xx

jenny19888 said:
Thank you. Yeah iv been reading up and I know its mainly will power/ discipline. I know they aren't a miracle pill, I have been doing slimming world for 6 months now and have lost 2stone 5lb on my own so far and I have no intensions of changing it just because of taking the pills, I just hope these pills will help with discipline as sometimes I can't stop myself from the odd occasional binge :( xx

They'll definitely help with that - you have to actually plan binges a few days in advance when you're on Orlistat! ;) xx

Back