Constipation on WI Day

aliscrapper said:
Does she get the senna leaves from Holland & Barrett?? Will definitely try that - it makes my life a misery!:cry: I'm going away to Disneyland Paris in September - really looking forward to the trip; but dreading the consequences of a complete lack of healthy food. Went last year and by day 5 I was in agony!:cry:

She gets there from a local health food shop and don't think holland and barrett do the actual leaves tbh.. I'm pretty sure I tried to get some and couldn't..

She gets the fruit tabs as a prescription from the doctor now because they are a little pricey from what I remember.. So see if they do work (the tablets) first and definately try the senna leaves.. You don't need a lot... She soaks about 5-6 leaves (they're only small leaves so don't look alot) on a small glass with boiling water and leaves it's to soak all day and has it at night along with the fruit tablets.. She doesn't always need to drink senna so definately try the tablets first.

Really hope this helps.. Pls pls let me know how you get on xx

She gets there from a local health food shop and don't think holland and barrett do the actual leaves tbh.. I'm pretty sure I tried to get some and couldn't..

She gets the fruit tabs as a prescription from the doctor now because they are a little pricey from what I remember.. So see if they do work (the tablets) first and definately try the senna leaves.. You don't need a lot... She soaks about 5-6 leaves (they're only small leaves so don't look alot) on a small glass with boiling water and leaves it's to soak all day and has it at night along with the fruit tablets.. She doesn't always need to drink senna so definately try the tablets first.

Really hope this helps.. Pls pls let me know how you get on xx

I will definitely try and get hold of both products. Not sure other than Holland & Barrett what healthfood shops we have around but hubby works for the local council so will get him to enquire with the people he works with.

Of course I will let you know how I get on - thank you so much!:D

Two weeks!!! I think I'd pop, I've not been for up to a week and feel dreadful, went to docs and she confirmed it was IBS + wheat allergy. While I can't say I'm particularly regular, I am a bit better now. Dehydration and stress tend to bung me up. Doc recommended Celevac, which bizarrely works for both diarrhoea and constipation, depending on how much water you take with them (chew and take with lots of water for constipation, little for the other). It's a bulking agent called methylcellulose that swells when mixed with water. It is also used as an appetite suppressant.

Hope you get stuff sorted! xx

Two weeks!!! I think I'd pop, I've not been for up to a week and feel dreadful, went to docs and she confirmed it was IBS + wheat allergy. While I can't say I'm particularly regular, I am a bit better now. Dehydration and stress tend to bung me up. Doc recommended Celevac, which bizarrely works for both diarrhoea and constipation, depending on how much water you take with them (chew and take with lots of water for constipation, little for the other). It's a bulking agent called methylcellulose that swells when mixed with water. It is also used as an appetite suppressant.

Hope you get stuff sorted! xx

Thanks! It can make you feel really miserable :cry:and I can so understand where you are coming from. The doctor has resorted to giving me picolux for occasional use which is what they use if you were to have surgery. I've taken it in desperation today - usually works for me the following day best.

Where do you get the Celevac from - do you get it on prescription?? Thanks

You can get Celevac from any pharmacy over the counter without prescription - I got my last lot from Boots. If you look on netdoctor.co.uk, there's more information on it there. I was recommended it as it's better for IBS sufferers, as apparently senna and other buy-off-the-shelf products can aggravate it.

Good luck with picolux - hope it works! xx

You can get Celevac from any pharmacy over the counter without prescription - I got my last lot from Boots. If you look on netdoctor.co.uk, there's more information on it there. I was recommended it as it's better for IBS sufferers, as apparently senna and other buy-off-the-shelf products can aggravate it.

Good luck with picolux - hope it works! xx

Thanks - it seems to be working gradually! The thing that worries me is what my GP said in that giving you picolux is a kind of last resort and not to take it too often as I'm only 35 and apparently constipation/IBS gets worse with age!:cry:

Hope your able to go soon too! XX

apparently constipation/IBS gets worse with age!:cry:

Yes, but it gets better with diet and low stress.. keep that in mind and make sure the older you get, the more time you give yourself to unwind!

Since I started this thread I haven't been going regular at all. Am on my 2nd cup of peppermint tea so far today

Yes, but it gets better with diet and low stress.. keep that in mind and make sure the older you get, the more time you give yourself to unwind!

Since I started this thread I haven't been going regular at all. Am on my 2nd cup of peppermint tea so far today

Totally agree with you - the Slimming World high fibre diet definitely helps. It was only when I went on honeymoon last year to Disneyland Paris where finding fruit is near impossible and I was in agony by day 5 I realised how much the Plan helps!:D

Next time you go, bring fruit with you :D

I most definitely will. Already told hubby I'm taken a backpack full of it!

Just couldn't believe that somewhere like that would have such a lack of healthy food!

I got on board the Eurostar on the way home and the girl in front of me on the buffet cart asked for a fruit salad which they didn't have and I just laughed and said "you too were walking round the park looking for fruit"; which she had! lol!

I'm sure it will hun ... mine is the Twinings Peppermint Tea xx

i order some last night after reading this thread, and it arrived today

i just had a cup, its very mintey :p

dont taste 2 bad tho

I've had three cups of peppermint tea today, and a large bowl of fresh pineapple (my secret weapon!). Cup of coffee next...:cross:

I love this thread, it's great that we can share all types of subjects while sparing the blushes, thanks everyone!

i know :eek:

least i know im not the only one like that :eek:

I was mega constipated yesterday and couldn't go before weigh in this morning - I get home and everything is back to normal! I wish I could train my body/mind not to get stressed so it would allow me to go before weigh in!:(

I was mega constipated yesterday and couldn't go before weigh in this morning - I get home and everything is back to normal! I wish I could train my body/mind not to get stressed so it would allow me to go before weigh in!:(

Such a pain :cry:

Today I have had two cups of green tea and will have a peppermint tea when I get home all in preparation for tomorrow's WI!

Did you lose?

Such a pain :cry:

Today I have had two cups of green tea and will have a peppermint tea when I get home all in preparation for tomorrow's WI!

Did you lose?

I've ordered some peppermint tea with my on-line shop which should arrive any time now with the hope it will help! Will keep everything crossed for you for weigh in - let me know how you get on.

Yes - I lost 5.5 pounds but I have just swapped from an evening class to a morning class; so that may not be a true reflection of what I've actually lost! Still chuffed tho that it takes me to the lower end of my target range.:bliss:

Decided to not add any healthy extra's or syns this week and just continue as I am so hopefully if I get constipated it may be counterbalanced by what I might lose in the next week if that makes sense???

Well i almost had this problem today... ive been stuffed up for a few days but i took some senna and ate as much dairy as possible (upsets my stomach lol ) and finally sorted 2 hours before WI lol

You're a cheater!!!!! :p

I wish I had something that didn't agree with me..

I wish that too!

The only thing I've found is more than one potato a week and I gain; so my body obviously reacts in some kind of way to it and converts it to fat:cry: Unfortunately tho laying off the potato doesn't help with the can't go problem!:cry:

Back