Constipation= Weigh gain on the scale?

:eek:
Hi im new here but i weighed myself on sat at 108 kilos and now im 108.6. How is that??? I am really constipated though. Could that be an issue?
Thanks!

Yup. Sounds like that could be the cause, sorry. First of all, make sure you're drinking enough water. You need to drink at least 4 pints of water a day, and if you're having tetras or bars, you need another glass of water with each of those.

Secondly, you need to get unbunged. Your best bet is something like senna. There are other laxatives like Dulcolax but that tends to be a bit strong and can give you nasty tummy cramps. If Senna doesn't seem to do the job, ask at a pharmacy for some Movicol (it's not cheap, but it will do the job if all else fails and has quite a gentle action).

Once you're unbunged, you might need to think about adding some extra fibre to your shakes so that it doesn't happen again. Ask your Cambridge Counsellor about Fibre89. But don't start taking any of that until you've cleared the... ahem... backlog. ;) And please don't be embarrassed to call your Cambridge Counsellor for advice - he or she will have heard all this before. Constipation is a common side effect of Cambridge, unfortunately - but it can be managed.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

You are awesome! Thanks!
I finally did go toilet and on that I was down to 106.9 lol that must of been a heavy one! Hahah. Yuck!

Ok another 'toilet' question, a friend of mine not on CD has recently had colonic irrigation and is raving about it. It has made her feel so energised, cleared the toxins and gotten rid of a build up of wind and pain almost instantly - she also lost a few pounds (however beacuse of the water she would have had fluid retention for a few days therefore will affect scales).

Is this safe enough to do? I just fancy a clear out for want a of a better phrase, she says her skins looks amazing as the toxins have gone and (if your into that sort of thing) was amazed at what had been lying in her colon for years.

I really want to have it done but does anyone know if this is ok on SS+?

Ta

C x

Ok another 'toilet' question, a friend of mine not on CD has recently had colonic irrigation and is raving about it. It has made her feel so energised, cleared the toxins and gotten rid of a build up of wind and pain almost instantly - she also lost a few pounds (however beacuse of the water she would have had fluid retention for a few days therefore will affect scales).

Is this safe enough to do? I just fancy a clear out for want a of a better phrase, she says her skins looks amazing as the toxins have gone and (if your into that sort of thing) was amazed at what had been lying in her colon for years.

I really want to have it done but does anyone know if this is ok on SS+?

Ta

C x

Never tried it (LOL, never wanted to... :)) but others here have. See: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/110524-colonic.html

Diamond thankyou-finally one person who responded did have one on CD. Very useful thank you!

Back