Constipation

jude1

hello everyone
sorry about the awful title, but I'm having dreadful problems. I've been on the liquid diet for 5 weeks now - has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this problem? aaahhh
Thanks

No help sorry but god, me too, CDC gave me ex lax last week which worked but this week hasn't worked at all. Feel most unpleasant. Any thoughts, anyone? The answer cannot be water, it simply can't, I do 4l plus a day. Honestly I feel so bloaty and fat and horrible and just know if I could only 'go' I'd feel so much better. I'm thinking of seeing the doctor for something stronger!

What do we think about fibresure tabs (once problem is resolved, of course)?

I take fibre sure capsules, they really help me :)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Liz!

Try Dulcolax maybe; if not psyllium husks can be used to encourage bowel movement, but I'm not sure if they'll help if you're already constipated.

Hi. I had this problem and it got very bad. I had to see my Doctor who prescribed Movicol and then got the Cambridge fibre 89 which is a powder that you add to your shake, soup or just water and it has been a life saver, not had the problem since. You can buy it from your cdc. You must get rid of the intial constipation first with senakot or dulcoease etc before starting the fibre 89. Good luck.

Tmi coming up....

Before CD I went about 2-3 times a day.....now i go about once every 2-3 days what i do is just puush lol, longest i have been on toilet pushingis 45 mins :eek:

Hi ya!
This is the only real thing that drives me mad with this diet!!
I've been having weetabix at least once a week, I know you aren't to on SS but it helps me!
x x

Don't worry bout the title.... does exactly what it says on the tin!

I would have major issues in this department.... always did as I have ulcerative colitis.

The fibre 89 is a life saver, then for the other packs I also use psyllium husks. Then not so much of a problem. Laxatives don't really work for me. I have to take way over the prescribed amount usually!

So hopefully you will get this problem resolved and you never know the scales might just make a change too :0)

last week i posted a post about constipation. I took some exlax,and to be honest, it wasnt worth it. The pains in my stomach that i suffered fromtaking it were horrendous. Idid go to the loo, a lot, I do feel better this week for doing that, but at the time the pain was beyond !

its hard to know what to do!

Back