Constipation!!!!!!!!

welshwench

Help! I've always gone regular but since being on CD i've only gone twice and it was like giving birth!!
My CDCs on holiday for 2 weeks so cant ask her advice, but does anyone know if you can take lactulose on this diet or any other laxative? x

I suffered with this last time so am making sure I have fibre89 twice a day, and so far so good.

I did take something last time, it may have been Senna??

My advice is if you are already constipated do not take Fibre 89. It will make it worse. I have used senekot and it worked fine. Once you've cleared the pipeworks it'd be an idea to buy Fibre 89.

I'm sure I read somethere that if your already constipated you need to be careful what you take as you end up softening waste higher up which cant go anywhere until the blockage is cleared.

that sounds scary!
I'll try senakot for a few days and see what happens x

My advice is if you are already constipated do not take Fibre 89. It will make it worse. I have used senekot and it worked fine. Once you've cleared the pipeworks it'd be an idea to buy Fibre 89.

yep, that's right :)

that sounds scary!
I'll try senakot for a few days and see what happens x

Shouldn't need senakot for a few days. Just the once should be okay. It's not good to take laxatives regularly.

On the other hand, products like Fibre89 etc can be taken every day throughout the diet to prevent constipation.

Senna is a 'cure' rather than a preventative. Just a one off.

Back