Consultant deleted me from facebook - i'm still a member?

Anmaloch

hey everyone, as the post says she deleted from facebook. I emailed her 2 weeks ago asking her for two weeks holiday, didnt say why (i wasnt very happy with the support). I decided to switch to a new group in my area on wednesday so i didnt have any back fees to pay. Anyway my friend (no longer at slimming world) wrote on the groups facebook page that she was leaving and wouldnt be back, when asked why by other members she wrote about the lack of support for herself and also me. Anyways i go to check the page today and she's deleted me, I never even said anything, and would have used my previous group in emergencys when i couldnt make my new one. So upset, I got on with everyone at group, just didnt feel the consultant cared very much. What would you do in this situation? Also my new consultant and old one speak as they work in the same area, cant believe she would do this :(

hey everyone, as the post says she deleted from facebook. I emailed her 2 weeks ago asking her for two weeks holiday, didnt say why (i wasnt very happy with the support). I decided to switch to a new group in my area on wednesday so i didnt have any back fees to pay. Anyway my friend (no longer at slimming world) wrote on the groups facebook page that she was leaving and wouldnt be back, when asked why by other members she wrote about the lack of support for herself and also me. Anyways i go to check the page today and she's deleted me, I never even said anything, and would have used my previous group in emergencys when i couldnt make my new one. So upset, I got on with everyone at group, just didnt feel the consultant cared very much. What would you do in this situation? Also my new consultant and old one speak as they work in the same area, cant believe she would do this :(

Most SW groups have a fb page for active members so if you've not been for a few weeks then you'd probably be considered as inactive-and subsequently deleted from the group. The same happened with both myself and my boyfriend when we were away during the olympics. Also if your friend had posted on there that you and she were leaving due to lack of support then really that's your answer in my opinion!

I'd get in touch with your original consultant, and ask her straight up if there is any reason why you were removed from the group.

It could be your friends doing, it depends what she said and how she phrased it. If she made it sound like you were both leaving (she told the group you were both unhappy with the support) then that may be why.

Also, your original consultant may realise you are now attending the Wednesday group (perhaps her and the new consultant have spoken, as you mentioned) and that could be why she's removed you. I know our C has a clearout of our page every couple of months - if people have't attended for the last say 3 weeks, then they are taken off. They are however given prior notice, through a post on the wall explaining what the C is doing. It's all about keeping the page safe and confidential.

I honestly don't think your C has done this to upset you in the way that it has done. She was probably just doing a routine clear out, but you will never know if you don't ask.

I agree, if you do think you'll be going back even if its just for emergencies then I'd contact the consultant and explain that you were still wanting to come to the group every so often, maybe say your joining the other group as its at a better time for you. I'd be more annoyed at your friend for naming you to be fair, I can see why the consultant would think you were leaving and wouldn't want to be part of the group if your friend has said your both leaving because of the support.

I'd be annoyed at my 'friend' too, if they did that. Fair enough airing their own thoughts / feelings, but surely you can speak for yourself and didn't perhaps need them to have caused trouble for you..

I dont think there is a real rule, as you can weigh in anywhere if needs be, but I don't think you can split between two groups in the sense of FB groups and such. I'm guessing the consultants crossed wires and your old C assumed you were with the new people for good. In the sense of having an "emergenciy" group, thats fine, if I can't make a Weds I go to another group on a Tues, but I dont think you can class you self as "one of the group" therefore the deletion on FB. I'm sure there was nothing malicious about it but if you feel more comfortable at your new group, just stick with that :)

I joined SW in Sept. 2011, and I left for a few months during the summer of 2012. My consultant didn't delete me from her FB group. I also befriended the SW FB group page of another town (the Consultant covered for my own once and I thought she was very motivational), and I'm still a part of both groups.
I think it probably was your friend's doing, but if you found the group unsupportive, surely you don't miss the page?

The FB groups are not part of SW so it wouldn't be that - its up to the consultant whether they set one up or not. And its up to them what rules are followed

I am a bit confused though - you are changing to a different group right? And will only be going to the original group on occasion? Well then you are not a member of that group and the consultant would be right in taking you off the FB page. Okay she should have waited until you told her rather than go on what your friend said but you cant really expect to get the benefits when you are not a member of the group. Does your new consultant not have a FB page?

I didnt get on with my first consultant she was horrible with me ..... She didnt seem to like my enthusiasm in Group and the support i gave my fellow members

It's only a Facebook group....don't stress.

The main thing is you find a real group that you get the support from a good consultant and a great group of people.

Good luck on your slimming journey x

Thanks everyone, suppose my friend has made a bit of trouble for me lol - think i'll just keep my *****ing for someone who keeps quiet lol Feeling a lot better, just worried my new consultant will think i'm a trouble maker now, oh well thats life! just gonni try and get the best out of the new group and hope my friend doesnt join this one haha
I liked the old facebook page cos i still liked all the members and wanted to see how they were doing, and too be honest I wanted to do well at my new group and rub it in my old consultants face via facebook posts lol so prob better i was deleted, anyway ive found minimins now, so i can bore yous all with my rants if you'll have me :D

I know my consultant does remove people from our Facebook group if they swap to another consultants group: I guess the theory is that you should be getting support via your registered group.

Did you ask to transfer on the system? Your old consultant would have got a note today this request had gone through & might have just automatically removed you as part of that process. It could just be coincidental that your friend said something on the page.

Your friend was only being honest in her post. You'd obviously told her you didn't feel the cons was supportive. While I think your friend shouldn't have named you without asking you she hasn't really done anything wrong it's not like she's making things up!

and too be honest I wanted to do well at my new group and rub it in my old consultants face via facebook posts

I think that's a very negative attitude to have. We're all in it for the same reason - to lose weight and help each other along the way. Not to rub people's noses in it...

You should be removed from the fb page/group after 4 weeks, same as you lose access to the SW online website after 4 weeks.

There are actually rules for consultants around running fb pages and all consultants are encouraged to set one up.

Back