contemplating a detox

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by jools1986, 13 September 2010 Social URL.

1. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    for two weeks before uni and then back on induction. Does anyone think this would mess anything up? I quite fancy a good ol clear out before going back

Its fruit and veg, tofu and healthy fats. I was thinking this might help me shift my cold aswell.

Obviously, I will be straight back on induction, atkins really is the life long plan for me, but I would like to feel at my best for my "reveal" if you like.

I am going to play around with the plan and see if I can make it atkins friendly in anyway, any thoughts?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Why would it help Racheal? Atkins is it's own form of detox really, clearing out all those nasty carbs.

4. Quak

Quak Gold Member

I think you would be better sticking to Atkins too - too much messing about could really work against you in the short time you have.
    Just my opinion though.
    Bren xx

5. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    ok I will carry on with a clean induction and try and get some exercise in, thanks guys xx

6. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    As Jim says 'clean & green is best'. You don't want all those nasty carbs filling you with sugar, even in the innocent looking fruit! :D

7. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If it's for weight loss purposes, I don't think detoxing is beneficial. I think if you are looking for a weightloss boost, Atkins induction would be the best option, with a bit of exercise (even just walking or swimming). I don't know much about detoxing, but from what I know, people do it when they have been over indulging in "bad stuff" and need to cleanse their bodies. I've also heard it can make you quite spotty whilst you are ridding the body of impurities.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.