Contraception and weight gain???

God Karen, you have no idea how happy I am to read that. I've been a nightmare, I've already cried today and have been feeling crappy and down.

Thing is, my boyfriend knows I'm mardy / hormonal so is being extra nice to me, yet all I want is a full blown screaming match so I can get it out of my system!!

I hope it'll all settle down as I'm even starting to annoy myself now!! Thanks for the info xxxx

Sorry to hear you are still feeling crappy Lou, hopefully it won't last, just don't murder OH in the meantime ok? lol

Do make sure you listen to your body while you're on the injections. I was on them for 3 years and I was very emotional to start with, although that calmed down, and having been someone who had previously suffered from bad PMT, I was pleased that went. However, I did completely lose my sex drive. I kept telling myself that it would sort itself out, and my husband (then fiance) was very understanding, but it just got worse. I started to research Depo Provera online and found that so many people had experienced the same problem. I fianlly came off it and am now on the pill. Its been well over a year and its only now that my sex drive is starting to return. I was also diagnosed with depression at the start of this year, and told my my practice nurse that it could be because my hormones were messed up from the injection (different practice to the one where I had the injection before).

I am not trying to scare you at all, just wanting you to make sure you really notice any changes if you get any. Alot of people manage fine!

Thanks hun, I'm feeling ok at the moment, however, can tell I'm not my normal self.
I'm usually the first to crack a joke etc, but have been a bit quiet the last few days.
I only had the injection on Tuesday, so fingers crossed the old Lou comes back soon.
If I don't have the injection again I think I'm going to go for the coil, just need to get over my shyness first!! Hehe. x

Back