Conventional woman i am not,but i will find a weight loss plan that suits my needs !!

Morning Minimins crew,well i survived day 1 and went to bed with serious hunger pangs hopefully by 2morrow i will be in ketosis so things will be easier.

Heidi how r u doing girl thanks for your message x

Morning Irene,well i def survived it but it seems to be getting hrader and harder each day 1 i have had.How r u doing hun what u been up 2 x

Morning Mandy,how u doing girl,i was looking at you photos my god wow what a difference u should be so proud of yourself xx

Pam morning hun how r u today,hope u had a good night sleep and your belly was not rumbling 2 much,becuase mine was big time.
Day 2 for us today and by 2morrow things will get easier we should be in ketosis or practically there.
We can do this girl its mind over matter and i cant have another day looking like this and feeling so depressed day after day,i have had enough "food" is my enemy and drug and enemies and drugs i can do without in my life untill for the next year.
Looking forward to seeing u later on today,see u at the chemist to get our goodies.
Have a good morning xxx

Hey Roch,

Glad you got through day one, be prepared for the first few days to be hard!! People normally get into ketosis on day 3 or 4..... BUT when you're in it, you won't feel any physical hunger at all!!!

So, let us know what kind of flavours you have, don't really know much about LT tbh.....

Good luck for day 2!

Well the last day or so i have not posted as i have been feeling very down and sorry 4 myself and needed a serious kick up the arse which i got thank god (u know who u r thank u big time )

Well on day 2 of LT my blood sugars crashed again and i have been taken of LT it is just a repeat of what happend to me on CD unfortunately and low blood sugars on a vlcd can cause brain damage in severe cases hence not allowed to carry on.
Well i felt gutted,angry,upset and a failure all the normal emotions.
I carried on feeling sorry for myself and then i had a chat with a some one here on the site who made me see things from a different angle and i realised that i was just not thinking straight just being impulsive like i normally am.

I had 3 options

1) 2 carry on getting bigger and bigger
2) 2 maintain my weight
3) 2 stop feeling sorry for myself and accept that i have to take control of my life now and start making small positive changes in my life and be happy with small losses which will eventually mount up.

So ofcourse i have chosen option 3,i started a blog,the link is at the bottom of the page and i am going to follow a low gi diet and have around 1000 cals a day so i am going to follow the cd plan 1000 but without the packs.

Also i am going to start making small but positive changes in my life i need to work on learning 2 love myself and not allowing other peeps comments and views control my life any more !!

I'm really pleased your hopping on board Roch:)

Sounds like your planning to do calorie controlled using GI Foods and no packs?

If that's the case, you shouldn't really go under 1100 per day. That's the absolute minimum recommendation as you will not be able to get enough nutrients in 1000 and not being in ketosis, will make it that much harder.

For the amount of weight you need to lose, most calorie controlled diets would recommend you start at 1,500 per day. That will be much easier to follow and you should still get a great weight loss (for a few weeks anyway). Once it starts to plateau, cut down to 1,250 to get it going again, then down to the 1100 if you wish.

Yes it's going to be slower, but much more sustainable. It will be so hard to keep to 1000 even with GI foods.

Just a suggestion.

Well done again.
Clap1.gif

Hi Roch,

I agree totally with what Karion has just said. 100 cal is too low particularly as often people reach a plateaux and if you start so low you have nowhere to move down to in order to start your weight loss again.

I think you should seek professional guidance from your GP/dietician to help you calculate your bodies calorific needs.

Good luck

Really pleased that you got that kick when you needed it most:) , and more importantly, really glad you are taking positive action for yourself:D . It's so terribly hard when self-esteem is crushed and struggling:( . I hope you get lots of love and support and that things improve for you every minute from hereon in!:D

Morning everyone,thanks for all your kind messages and support.
I have taken aboard the info about how many cals i should be having and plan to have around 1300 for now.

Well today i took my first positve step towards changing my life and phoned up Tottenham college to find out about a course i am interested in doing.
For many years i have wanted to go back and study but for one reason or other i never managed that and i want a carreer.
I have wanted 2 work in 2 differnt fields one was a housing support worker and the other a social worker.
I rung my local college and was put in touch with a very nice guy who was the tutor for the course i am interested in.
The course is "Independent living" which would allow me to work as a supported housing officer.
I need to be working in the housing field so i have decided to do some voulntary work and he gave me a number of a charity called "Alone in london" who help teenagers and vulnerable people who are homeless.
I have spoken to them and they are going to send me an application pack.
My only worry is that it is far away form me in Kings cross and that means travelling by tube and i dont think i would be able to manage all the walking even in 3 months time as i said i am not able to start till jan.

So now i need to seriously focus on getting more mobile,so i am going to go for a walk every day just round my estate for now so my mobility improves,also helps speed up my metabolism.
Also be very strict with myself concerning my diet 3 stone loss in the next 14/15 weeks is def viable for me would make such a difference to my mobilty.
I am going to make sure i drink 4 ltrs a day every days as i know my water retention is bad and i hardly drink 1 ltr if that a day poss less so have to rectify that.

I feel positive that i am making small steps to change my life and i feel more contented.
Thanks again for all your support sometimes i feel very lonely and this site just puts a smile on my face xxxx

If you're going to calorie count, I would highly recommend you join WLR

Okay, the forum software is a bit naff, but the rest is good. It'll make adding up the cals a bit more fun (and accurate...as long as you're honest with it anyway).

It'll also report on whether you are getting the right percentages of fat/protein/carbs, plus other reports.

I use the food plans a lot on there. Not to plan my food, but to make up regular combinations so that I can enter it in one go.

WLR really helped me when I finished Cambridge.

Do try doing small steps Roch, like the title of this thread. Don't push too hard. Give yourself adequate calories. Increase your water gradually. Make small changes and before you know it, the weight will be moving without you hardly giving it a 2nd thought.

Best of luck.

Roch, brilliant, I was so pleased to read that post. You are really getting your life sorted with regards to a career, which of course will depend on your weight loss. Regards walking, take it easy at first. It's a beautiful day today, unless yesterday!
Enjoy your day,
Pam xx

Great news Roch! :D The course sounds really interesting too! You will love studying I'm sure and the buzz you will get as that weight disappears will be just fantastic! I'm totally impressed about your daily walk plans!:eek:

A good tip... I might have to do some of that meself! :confused:

So very glad today is a brighter one! Lovely to read good news :D Thanks, it brightened up my day!:D

Really pleased to read such a positive and heart warming post. Well done and good luck with all your goals!!
Keep us updated with the calorie counting. I will do something similar after CD so it will be good to get some tips from you. :)

Keep smiling honey - you're a star!!!!

Hi Roch,

Good luck with the cal counting. I am doing Paul McKenna (oo er missus!) but I have also been cal counting with WLR - its a great tool and excellent for focusing your mind. They will also tell you how many cals to eat each day - in my case 1566 which I rounded up to 1600. I really think that you should go easy on yourself and start with 1800 cals a day. That way you are more likley to stick to it and you have somewhere to go when the weight loss stops. I also think that joining a club like WW would help support you even if you are not really following their plan to the letter.

Roch - I really dont mean to preach to you its just that I see so much of myself in you as I have been there and im still there. I have 6 stone to loose and at the minute its coming off at 1lb per week and thats fine because this way i can have a life, enjoy my food and stick to it. I try to cap my calories at 2000 to give myself a wee bit of leeway.

Good luck - im looking forward to reading your thread.
Remember you are more that a number on a scale- you are a kind, thoughtful, caring woman and mother and you will get there - small steps!

XX

Morning everyone,how r u all doing.
Well i have been feeling really down, as i decided i was going to give LT another go as i thought my blood sugars probs would of been because i was hardly drinking any water at all, so i tried again with the permission of the pharmacist but unfortunately by the evening of day 2 had another hypo attack sugars dropped to 3.2 and felt terrible.
So of course had to sop Ssing and then was very down for 2 days and found it very hard to post at all.
Well after i had a good nights sleep as i have come to a decision that no matter what vlcd is not for me at the momment in my life no matter how hard i try my prob with blood sugars keeps cropping up and i am worried about the harm i could be doing to myself each time i have a hypoglycemic attack.

Decided i need to change so much in my life but to start taking control in every aspect of my life i need to start with small steps and stop trying to run b4 i can walk very bad habbit of mine.
Also i have to find a way to accept and be happy with small losses on a regular basis and making changes which will eventually lead to me changing my life,
rather than looking for quick fixes all the time which is a very bad habbit of mine and it has got worse when i see how many peeps do so well on a vlcd and i think why cant i, but i know why i cant and i have to accept that it is for the time being.

I decided to do some motivational reading and ordered some books with amazing reviews.

1 Eating less-say goodbye to overeating.
2)Breaking free from emotional eating
3)When women stop hating their bodies
4)7 habbits of highly effective people.

Lots of things have happened in my life recently and i have not had very good coping mechanisms.
So i need to change so much and learn to love myself and to start being happy.
My weight seems to take over every aspect of my life and i know i need to change that,i know my weight is very important as that is my health and i know without your health u have nothing but at the same time i need to start to live life and be happy and learn 2 love myself.

So here i go again and to tell u the trugh i am sick and tired of posting that i am going to go back to try another diet but i cant give up and i need to carry on trying till i find a diet/healthy way of life that will enable me to loose weight.
So low Gi it is for me again and i intend to work very hard at trying to be happy and acknowledge i am not a bad person but an unhappy person who has to work very hard at changing my life !!

Breaking Free from Emotional Eating by Geneen Roth is an inspirational and life transforming book....its a great place to start. Good luck with it....

Back