Cooked up a storm !!!

sm1ler

I had a day off work and spent it cooking all day long!

I made a sausage and chicken hot pot.
A chicken casserole.
Meatball goulash.
Some pasta sauce.
Meatloaf.
Weetabix cake.

And what did i end up having for dinner i hear u ask!?
Cheese n onion omlette with gammon!!!!
After cooking it all i really didnt wanna eat it!!

The weetabix cake is delicious, tastes like bread pudding and really easy to do.
Everything else is in the freezer for when i fancy and they are very warming in the winter!

Good for you, i do that too, just had turkey mince meatballs which i cooked and froze last week. So much quicker when you get in from work. Making the cheese and potato pie later. xxx Loobylou

Good for you, i do that too, just had turkey mince meatballs which i cooked and froze last week. So much quicker when you get in from work. Making the cheese and potato pie later. xxx Loobylou

let me know how the pie goes, i wanted to do that but i cant get hold of quark, for 2 wks now ive looked!!

I did the sme today, with my day off!
I did:
Mushroom Pate
Leek & Potato Soup
Spinich & Ricotta Cannelloni
Baked Potatoes for next couple of lunches
Tomato ketchup

I also gutted my wardrobe, getting rid of the next lot of clothes that are way too big for me, AND cleared out the cupboard under the stairs. Just call me 'domestic goddess' ;-)

let me know how the pie goes, i wanted to do that but i cant get hold of quark, for 2 wks now ive looked!!
Iv'e made the pie a couple of times before and its so lovely, last Tuesday we had a taster night at SW and i took it in, it went down a storm, people had 2 or 3 pieces each. By the way you can use very low fat fromage frais instead it does the same job.
xxx Loobylou

i made the spinach canelonni yesterday but had probs fitting it in the tubes so it ended up on top was still ok though have made the meatball goulash for tomorrow its smelt lovely !!

Can I have the recipe for weetabix cake please...

Thanks

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serves: 12
Syns per serving:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3½ Syns on both choices[/FONT][/FONT]

subtitle_ingredients.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Weetabix
113g/4oz sultanas
142ml/5floz skimmed milk
142ml 5floz water
113g/4oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
14g/½ oz artificial sweetener (optional)
1 egg, beaten [/FONT][/FONT]
clear.gif
subtitle_method.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF or Gas Mark 4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Stir in the flour, mixed spice, sweetener and beaten egg. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Spoon the mixture into a 454g (1lb) lined/non-stick loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ hours until cooked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Cool on a wire rack before serving then cut into 12 slices. [/FONT]

Just incase you can't be trusted to make a cake that has 12 portions (I know I can't, I'd eat the lot in one go!!) I make an individual cake.

2 x weetabix or 42g Allbran (both HE B's)
a little boiled water
mixed spice
sweetener
1 tablespoon mincemeat
1 egg

1) Place the weetabix in a small microwavable dish and add a small amount of water....enough to soften the biscuits without making it too sloppy.
2)Add sweetener, (enough to your taste) mixed spice, mincemeat, egg and mix thoroughly.
3) Place in the microwave and zap 'til cooked!! (usually a few minutes but keep checking)

Easy....I often have this for breakfast, really nice with a coffee!

I made the SW Pasta Quiche last night. I'll admit, I thought the name "pasta quiche" sounded strange, but I was feeling adventurous. It's blummin' lovely! And really easy to make. I've just had another portion for my lunch with a green salad. Fab! :D

Ohh I made a soup last night it was that nice I just made a massive pan full to last a few days.

I put in it a bag of spring greens, 2 chopped leeks, a bag of chopped carrotts, a tin of mushy peas a ham stock cube and a small low fat gammon joint cut up, 1 flat tbsp of chilli flakes (more of less depending on how hot you like it) and just enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for about an hour topping up water if needed. OMG how scrummy.

i made the spinach canelonni yesterday !!

ooh, ooh, have you got a recipe? I just made it up as I went along! Turned out very tasty but could have done with being creamier.

Back