Cookie's diary to be joyously slim

Night cookie.... nasty nasty mean scales xx

Hi Cookie. Just catching up,as manic with impending house move. Sorry re the gain gut you know it will be TOTM fluid, frustrating, but hand un there xx food looks great. Hope you managed to get Brett's card sorted xx

morning cookie heres the soup recipe you wanted. I didn't have any creamed corn so just used a tin of sweetcorn and it worked fine when blitzed. its a recipe from a link HappyHolidays gave to me (but I don't know how to do linky things sorry) xx

Sweet Potato and Creamed Corn Soup

1 syn for the whole pot on Green and EE

750g sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 can creamed sweetcorn
1 tbsp patak's tikka paste
750mls vegetable stock

Cook the onion gently in frylight until softened
Add the curry paste, garlic and sweet potato then cook for 5 mins
Add stock and creamed corn
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the potato is cooked
Blend until smooth, Season to taste and serve.

Yummy, yummy. A seriously good winter soup! I used tikka paste because its the lowest in syns but it would be lovely with a stronger curry paste, just adapt the syns to whichever one you use.

Morning Cookie :), hope your well hun. How is your day going with the` kick ass fairy ' ? :D Looking forward to seeing your healthy eats for today :p.

Kay xx

Good afternoon :)
Happy Friday, today is Brett's birthday :birthday: I'm off work, he isn't! I've got a few bits for him, card sorted, cake, presents I think he'll be a happy boy. I'm excited for him. Tonight I'm taking him out for tea,meant have a late one as I'm in work at 7-5am tomorrow - pity I fancy a glass of vino, I'll improvise with a diet coke and a lot of imagination :D

xxx

Hi Cookie. Just catching up,as manic with impending house move. Sorry re the gain gut you know it will be TOTM fluid, frustrating, but hand un there xx food looks great. Hope you managed to get Brett's card sorted xx

Hi Aqua, I'm hanging on. Brett's card all sorted too phew! I've just been to your diary, those dresses are gorgeous! X

morning cookie heres the soup recipe you wanted. I didn't have any creamed corn so just used a tin of sweetcorn and it worked fine when blitzed. its a recipe from a link HappyHolidays gave to me (but I don't know how to do linky things sorry) xx

Sweet Potato and Creamed Corn Soup

1 syn for the whole pot on Green and EE

750g sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 can creamed sweetcorn
1 tbsp patak's tikka paste
750mls vegetable stock

Cook the onion gently in frylight until softened
Add the curry paste, garlic and sweet potato then cook for 5 mins
Add stock and creamed corn
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the potato is cooked
Blend until smooth, Season to taste and serve.

Yummy, yummy. A seriously good winter soup! I used tikka paste because its the lowest in syns but it would be lovely with a stronger curry paste, just adapt the syns to whichever one you use.

Thank you for the soup, sounds really good. Would it work with dried tikka powder? If not Brett can pick me some up as I've got everything else in to make it when my other soup runs out. How are you! Xx

Morning Cookie :), hope your well hun. How is your day going with the` kick ass fairy ' ? :D Looking forward to seeing your healthy eats for today :p.

Kay xx

hello Kay, I'm good thanks woke up very early but stayed in bed until 8.45am as I'm off today. The kick ass fairy should be at yours now. I've been for a walk for my exercise challenge Day 10 done, yesterday I did aerobics. The challenge will be whether I can be bothered to do anything after my 10hrs shift tomorrow.

Ill post food in a mo. how are you! What are you up to today? And weekend ? Xx

Great attitude about the gain - getting worked up just makes us sulk and snap, and end up pigging out! You're very consistent and always eating so well. Perhaps your body has found it's happy weight? x

Thanks Katie, my sister said the same thing actually but I would like to stick to it for now as I think I'll look better smaller, whether I hit my target, I'll see how I look and feel at 9st 7lb. I've only 8.5lb to get to that. I'm short too so I look heavier than I am but I've got things to look forward to and it'd be nice to have the body to go with it.

How are you? Any plans for the weekend? Xx

Hello I'm back, as we're out tonight and in work in the morning 7-5pm, I've prepared our tea for tomorrow night go me! We're having spinach & mushroom cannelloni. Its one of Brett's favourite SW meals and free so bonus, a bit fiddly putting it together but very tasty. All the BF has to do is put it in the oven at the appointed time, here it is

I even wondered if I should prepare Sundays too but the fridge is a bit full and I still can't decide water to try the Singapore beef or another Vegetable Tagine, truth is I'd love to have tagine again but as its Brett's birthday weekend I'll let him decide, maybe! :)

Attachments

• image-71099160.jpg
    image-71099160.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 54
Thank you for the soup, sounds really good. Would it work with dried tikka powder? If not Brett can pick me some up as I've got everything else in to make it when my other soup runs out. How are you! Xx

I'm sure it would work with powdered curry just fine.....I was thinking of using this myself next time I make it to save on syns (cos I'm tight lol) xx

Back