Cooking for others

Sas101

Hi
When you guys have to cook for the family do you taste the food for correct seasoning or do you get someone else.

I am a bit scared with tasting as I feel that I will get out if control loll

I have done three large pots of food, frozen them in individual portions and frozen them (stew, bolognaise and chicken supreme) before I started the diet. I tend to have someone else to taste them, but I rarely cook now- so my OH is forced to do it!

Wish I could do that but hubby hates if I freeze food and he's the type were he would ring me in the morning at tells me wot he wants to eat for dinner!!

Yeah, my OH also hates it, but it is either that, cook for himself or starve. He has eaten maryland cookies for dinner more than once this diet!

Lollll bless him!! Marylands for dinner loll
Lol... I know it's wrong, but all that makes me think is 'mmmm I'd love that!'... Haha...

;) xx

I do all the cooking in my house for everyone

My OH is happy to eat whatever I give him but I don't check for seasoning never have. I just chuck the spices and whatever in only thing I ever checked was chilli to make sure it is hot enough

Not had any complaints

Me and my OH pretty much taken turns at cooking I find I love to cook even more now that I am on this diet, in fact just cooked Tikka for him for dinner. To test rice I chew it but take it out.. too good to just have one grain of rice lol wouldn't feel like I am being 100% and as for seasoning I always get somebody else to try it. :)

I made it clear that for the first month oh would need to sort kids meals twice a week

Normal nights I did his tea. Mostly plan friendly, got rid of any other stuff

Clearing out and having everyone eat healthy won't hurt. Ask your partner to help you, once your in ketosis its easy and you won't feel tempted or worse pissed off LOL

Xx

Hamish's Mum said:
I do all the cooking in my house for everyone

My OH is happy to eat whatever I give him but I don't check for seasoning never have. I just chuck the spices and whatever in only thing I ever checked was chilli to make sure it is hot enough

Not had any complaints

Yeah am pretty sure I know how much salt and chilli I put in, if in doute il get my hubby to try it, I don't wont to end up tasting then end up eating lolllll

Pen87 said:
Me and my OH pretty much taken turns at cooking I find I love to cook even more now that I am on this diet, in fact just cooked Tikka for him for dinner. To test rice I chew it but take it out.. too good to just have one grain of rice lol wouldn't feel like I am being 100% and as for seasoning I always get somebody else to try it. :)

That's gud lucky u, my hubby says he will cook fish and chips as a meal.. That's not even cooking its frying lollll, yes iv been feeling the same I just want to cook a million and 1 things

RebekahR said:
I made it clear that for the first month oh would need to sort kids meals twice a week

Normal nights I did his tea. Mostly plan friendly, got rid of any other stuff

Clearing out and having everyone eat healthy won't hurt. Ask your partner to help you, once your in ketosis its easy and you won't feel tempted or worse pissed off LOL

Xx

Defo a good way to get the family eating healthy, will try that too loll

Back