Cooking onions - Causes Syns?

Eating__Glitter

Processed-Food-Aholic
Hiya,

I'm making the Mixed Chicken & Pepper bake tonight which is lovelllly. But i've been trying to work out where the two syns come from.

Looking through my book it says that if you fry onions it causes them to have syns. Is this where they come from as I've had cooked onion in quite a few things and wondering if I've been ingesting syns unknowingly?

Well usually (even before SW) I never cooked them in anything.

It doesn't have any fat, doesn't have any gravy but it does ask for stock? But I made it using OXO which I'm pretty sure it's Syn free...?

Is that the one which has poppy seeds or something? Seeds are not free x

Where did the recipe come from? If it's more than a couple of years old then the syns could come from stock as it's only relatively recently it became free.

If not post the ingredient list and we'll take a look.

Yes that's the one!

AHHHH! I haven't been using them because they seemed like a bit of faff and I hate getting them stuck in my teeth.

So does that mean it's syn free?

Where did the recipe come from? If it's more than a couple of years old then the syns could come from stock as it's only relatively recently it became free.

If not post the ingredient list and we'll take a look.

It's in the 30 days book that came with the latest issue of the magazine. So pretty recent :)

Back