Cooking the Steps with Spangles

ahh... i am a div.

Attachments

• photo (22).jpg
    photo (22).jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 208
i should point out, the plate/bowl thing isn't that wide - sort of halfway between a teaplate and a dinner plate. And it's a teeny weeny sweet potato (about half the size of my clenched fist).

Tonight: no chilli chilli con carne

Quantities are all for 2 people - I'm having half tomorrow

250g ultra low fat mince (I used buffalo mince - it was awesome and less than 3% fat - but it came in a 300g pack and i used it all. 25g extra grammes of mince per serving. very naughty!)
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
some chopped chilli, if you like it. i can't eat chilli - it makes my mouth puff up.
a red pepper
can of chopped tomatoes
200g can of kidney beans
1 tsp tomato puree
chopped herbs to taste (i didn't bother - everything's a taste sensation!)

the book also says to add salsa (presumably out of a jar). I didn't cos of the chilli thing. And also a dollop of fromage frais (no need - cos it wasn't spicy).

Plus 30g per portion of brown/basmati rice.

dry fry the onion and mince until softened / browned.
add chopped garlic, chilli and pepper
add tomato and kidney beans
simmer for as long as it takes to cook the rice.

Yummy this, my favourite so far. Not a diet portion by any means - none of this week's have been. It does occur to me that a grating of mature cheddar over the top would make it perfect... but then would add a couple of hundred calories too!

unappetising photo attached, but seriously that doesn't do it justice. my first red meat in seven months! joy!

Attachments

• photo (22m).jpg
    photo (22m).jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 171
Sorry honey, no - it's from step 3. Can't have tomatoes, onions or rice etc on 810.

Hello Ive LOVED reading your diary and seeing the pictures! LOVED IT. Looking forward to copying and trying things myself! Yay Yay Yay

Back