Coooollllddd!

liz1987

I'm sure this has been covered before in this forum but I'm wondering whether anyone can shed any light on the problem?

I'm just starting my second week of CD and I'm really suffering from the cold - I can't seem to warm up and my hands are blue!

I know this can be a side effect of SS, but I'm wondering if your body adjusts at anypoint and you start getting warmer? Or will I be like this as long as I'm doing SS?

Thanks everyone

Hey Liz.
Being cold is definately a side effect.. I always used to be hot and when starting cd I was freezing for the first few weeks then it eased off..... Now coming up to my 12th week and its started up again. I am at work today and have the heater on under my desk just cant warm up.

I say lots of hot bubbly baths.. lots of extra layers. and perhaps hot drinks if you like them.. I just tend to grin and bear. x

I spent last night in a few extra layers too, much to hubby disbelief i was sooooooooooooooooo cold.

I am freezing, all of the time. I cuddle my partner in bed and he is sweating where he is so hat but i am shivering from the cold. He has to shoe horn me off of him, but hes so warm. I also went camping this weekend for our rugby tour......BAD MOVE!!! As i didnt have my beer coat on, I was FAreeeeezing! I had 3 jumpers on, traousers, rugby socks, a coat, and a sleeping bag and I had about an 1hr sleep each night! Boy it was fun. x

Hey Liz.
Being cold is definately a side effect.. I always used to be hot and when starting cd I was freezing for the first few weeks then it eased off..... Now coming up to my 12th week and its started up again. I am at work today and have the heater on under my desk just cant warm up.

I say lots of hot bubbly baths.. lots of extra layers. and perhaps hot drinks if you like them.. I just tend to grin and bear. x
Same thing's happening to me - also near 12th week!! (Even with hot flushes! :eek:)

All your advice is good - add to that socks!
and also keeping the electric blanket on in bed all night, on a low number (nothing worse than waking up cold). I only drink hot drinks anyway, but the layers are sound advice - never go anywhere without a cardigan! :)

I am freezing, all of the time. I cuddle my partner in bed and he is sweating where he is so hat but i am shivering from the cold. He has to shoe horn me off of him, but hes so warm.

He should be a lucky man.

I have a duvet and a big furry blanket on bed, and I wear Pj's AND cuddle the human blanket that is the husband.

He likes it though ('cause he's a bit of a sex pest like that) as long as I don't touch him with my feet.

Im on week 12 and im still freezing, though a tad warmer than usual today which could be coz of the weather! But I always seem to of felt the cold more than others, despite body brushing, stretches and walking to try and boost my circulation! I have to wear tights under my jeans, thermal socks, ugg boots, thermal vests, and about 20 tops and cardys aswell as keeping my coat on in the office with my scarf and hat on!! lol

Im on week 12 and im still freezing, though a tad warmer than usual today which could be coz of the weather! But I always seem to of felt the cold more than others, despite body brushing, stretches and walking to try and boost my circulation! I have to wear tights under my jeans, thermal socks, ugg boots, thermal vests, and about 20 tops and cardys aswell as keeping my coat on in the office with my scarf and hat on!! lol
Where do you live again? I've got to see this!! :8855:

Back