Coped with lots of food challenges this week.

JustJo

Cambridge Counsellor
After gaining some weight over my two holidays ('only' around 12lbs, but, pre-holidays, I was already at the top end of the weight margin I like being in, due to lots of work parties, etc), I finally got my arse into gear on Monday last week and began ssing again to get the excess weight off.

On Wednesday, I had a day long job interview. I got offered biccies in the morning (which I refused), then we were put in individual rooms for a working lunch, in which we had to complete a task. The receptionist had already been telling me how good the catering was there, and how 'fortunate' (!) I was to be getting a lunch. So a plate was brought in for me, consisting of loads of sarnies, crisps and fruit. I was never particularly tempted (even though i'd had nothing all day, and hadn't thought to take a bar with me), as I was a bit anxious, etc, about being at an interview. However, I knew i'd look like a bit of a freak if I left the plate untouched! So, I wrapped up some of the sarnies and fruit in tissue, and put them into my bag! I threw them away once I got out of there later. How much of a freak would I have looked if they'd seen me doing that? :p

Now, when I ss'd originally, and lost all of my weight, I generally stuck to it 100%. Whenever I go back to it to get a few pounds off however, I tend to eat (and drink alcohol!) at the weekends, so long as I stick to low-carb. Psychologically, I find it hard to ss 100% when I still fit in my clothes, and don't have much weight to shift.

Yesterday, I had to do the catering for a dog show (long story). I shopped for all the stuff on Friday, and prepared some of it Friday evening whilst baking cakes for the show. I was a bit worried about my resolve, as it the show was on a weekend day. So, yesterday morning, I got to the show early on, and spent the whole day cooking bacon and sausages for rolls (mmm, the smell of cooking bacon!), making and selling sandwiches, arranging and selling cakes, and preparing a buffet for the judges lunch. Even though i'd yet again forgotten to take a bar with me, and hadn't had anything in the morning, not a morsel passed my lips. :)

Anyhow, sorry for the essay-length post! This was always going to be a challenging week for me to get back onto ss, so i'm rather pleased with myself for getting through it!

Jo x

That's strong willpower and determination................Well Done!

You've done brilliantly battling and winning against so much temptation there - very well done!

Good going... well done.

Well done Jo, you'll have that 12lb off in no time!:D Did you ever post any before and after photos? I find it really inspiring to see how much people have changed, and you've done great to maintain all this time.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! You're all very kind. :)

spooky: I can't say that I always have such resolve, but once i've got my head in the right place, and make it into ketosis, i'm a very determined girl! I'll try passing it on through cyberspace, though. ;)

Splash: I have some pics in the inspiration slide show. Alternatively, there are thumbnail size before and after pics, here: http://www.minimins.com/forum-techn...er-volunteer-here-inspiration-slide-show.html
I'll admit that i'm not the best example of a maintainer. I'm not as good as say, karion, who has kept her maintainance weight consistently stable by analysing herself and managing to be sensible pretty much all of the time. I'm generally exceptionally good during the week, whilst in a routine, then indulge a little at weekends. However, holidays, Christmasses, etc, stump me every time, and I have occasional weekends where I go a tad too mad, and struggle with the impending week days. Due to this, i've managed to maintain my weight loss, but only by using Cambridge relatively often to shift whatever weight I gain. It's never more than 14lbs, but it's probably not ideal for me to be on what seems like a constant yo-yo. Hopefully i'll figure it all out one day, but, until then, it's just the way I am - something of an 'all or nothing' person. The main thing for me though is that i'm generally managing to maintain my weight, and have never got to the point where I can no longer fit into my 'slim' clothes. I'm happy enough with that, as I feel a hell of a lot better than when I was always out of control and wearing size 22s!

Jo x

It's never more than 14lbs, but it's probably not ideal for me to be on what seems like a constant yo-yo. Hopefully i'll figure it all out one day, but, until then, it's just the way I am -

Indeed. So much better to yo-yo than put it all back on eh. I was reading something about it last week, some recent research or something.
Yo-yo dieting may have a bad rap - Nutrition Notes - MSNBC.com

Velly interesting I thought.

Psychologically it's not too great, but there may just come a point when you think "&*p&*q&£w*q, I can't do this any more", then you have to see if you can find another way.

Doing a damn sight better than I did when I first lost 6 stone on SW. Managed to put it all back on in a few months:confused: When I yoyo'd, I really went for it.:eek:

Indeed. So much better to yo-yo than put it all back on eh. I was reading something about it last week, some recent research or something.
Yo-yo dieting may have a bad rap - Nutrition Notes - MSNBC.com

Velly interesting I thought.

Psychologically it's not too great, but there may just come a point when you think "&*p&*q&£w*q, I can't do this any more", then you have to see if you can find another way.

Doing a damn sight better than I did when I first lost 6 stone on SW. Managed to put it all back on in a few months:confused: When I yoyo'd, I really went for it.:eek:
That's an interesting article, trio - thanks. :)

If I was yo-yoing 5/6 stone every time, then that would obviously be an issue! It's generally 7lbs though, and never more than 14lbs, so I never go as far as hitting an obese BMI. The level for me is always once my clothes start to feel tight - I'm never buying bigger sizes again!

Thanks to DQ, Paula and Fuzzy! :)

Jo x

Back