Coping strategies

Almostskinny

I'm on day 3 had a peak and lost 3.5 lbs so far which I'm really happy with, I've only had packs so far, but even although I feel fine and love my weight loss I'm having thoughts that I need food or I need a big Starbucks milky latte. I know I don't need that and try to visualise my goal, but I know it's these thoughts that are going to get me down. Does anyone else get this and how do you cope? I've thought about doing 3 packs plus low carb meal today, but I feel like it might end up a disaster with me on a binge

I look at pics of weight loss online, paint my nails, have a bath,tell myself to wait 10 minutes and then another 10 minutes etc.Drink loads of water and tea.If all else fails go to sleep lol.Keep reminding yourself how well it's going :)Do not give in!!

I have a low carb meal some days.... but split it up throughout the day as snacks when im in a picky foody mood.
For me I am constantly thinking of goals. Not usually my end goal, but little ones... the end ones all a bit distant still... but I'll think, in 3 weeks i'll be 10lbs lighter, and concentrate on that.

Lots of mini goals which you will start achieving quickly. You don't need food. Given what you've written I would suggest staying on the 4 packs for a while. I viewed it as giving up food - and if you're having arguments in your head about whether or not to eat/drink particular things then giving up all food and moving to only packs is a very powerful way of breaking those cravings. Good luck!

Back