coping with headache

ellietoobig!

Morning everyone!!

Well so much for my first two days! Day one was fine, but yesterday was dreadful, I woke with a headache which just got worse throughout the day. I ended up taking so many tablets ( not an overdose, dont worry!!)
but I ate with the tablets.
Still feel rough this morning, headache still here, and once again Ive eaten so i can have more pain relief.

Think tomorow I will start, but this time I am going to have 4 packs a day for a few days to see if that will help.

Would appreciate any advice. Ive done cd before, ages ago, but never had any trouble like this.

I do really want to make this work, so any wise words please :)

Thanks
Ellie xx

The headache goes away after a few days i found....but it wont for you if you eat whilst takin painkillers. You need to try and keep to the diet and ride it out....it does go trust me. Sorry i cant be more helpful. I was plagued with them too for the first 4 days. Also drink plenty, that helped me x

I had them for 6 days and would have given up if it hadn't been for this forum. Woke up on day 7 with just a niggle and gone on day 8. It was horrible and I still get them occassionally but the loss is worth it in th end.

The headache is carb withdrawal and it will pass if you can just grit your teeth and carry on.

Be a bit careful with what painkillers you take, ibruprofen really need to be taken with food or there is a risk of gastric ulcers. Paracetamol is a better option.

If you're going to restart try and plan it so you will hit day 3 over a period of a couple of days when you don't have to do anything much and if necessary just have a duvet day or two til it passes!

4 packs may not help as your carb content will still be low. A better option might be to have a couple of days low-carb eating (no bread, potatoes, pasta or rice, lots of protein and leafy green veg) before you retry, this might ease your body into it a bit more easily!

Thanks for your quick replies!!
Dont think it helped that on day 1 my totm arrived too lol!

Think Im going to try reducing carbs for two days, as suggested, then crack on with it properly.

The headache was more like migrane, I use to get them loads,especially around totm, and the pain yesterday was as bad, with same symptons.
Guess it wasnt the best time for me to start!!

I am going to suceed, guess I just need to ease into it a bit more !!

what you need to do is start when there is no excuse , you will fell horrible in the 1st week and in some cases 2. I went into ketosis day 3 and i do not feel hungry at all im on day 15 and have lost 13lbs , 4 inch off my waist , 2 off my hips and 1 off my thigh. This just proves that if you stick to it 100% you will see the results x hope this helps motivate you and i hope it gets easier for you x:)

Mark i dont remmber her joining team pink yet? If that is the case then i remember a post lately ( i WILL find it lol ) which was a man who had not been stickin to the diet properly for a few days. Is that a point against u guys? hmm hmm lol

Good luck huni in the diet, you will do it if you put your mind to it xxx

Back