coping with headache

Discussion in 'Exante' started by ellietoobig!, 8 July 2010 Social URL.

1. ellietoobig!

ellietoobig! Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim n Save
    Morning everyone!!

Well so much for my first two days! Day one was fine, but yesterday was dreadful, I woke with a headache which just got worse throughout the day. I ended up taking so many tablets ( not an overdose, dont worry!!)
    but I ate with the tablets.
    Still feel rough this morning, headache still here, and once again Ive eaten so i can have more pain relief.

Think tomorow I will start, but this time I am going to have 4 packs a day for a few days to see if that will help.

Would appreciate any advice. Ive done cd before, ages ago, but never had any trouble like this.

I do really want to make this work, so any wise words please :)

Thanks
    Ellie xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

The headache goes away after a few days i found....but it wont for you if you eat whilst takin painkillers. You need to try and keep to the diet and ride it out....it does go trust me. Sorry i cant be more helpful. I was plagued with them too for the first 4 days. Also drink plenty, that helped me x

4. Dietkitty

Dietkitty Rebel without a calorie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I had them for 6 days and would have given up if it hadn't been for this forum. Woke up on day 7 with just a niggle and gone on day 8. It was horrible and I still get them occassionally but the loss is worth it in th end.

5. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    The headache is carb withdrawal and it will pass if you can just grit your teeth and carry on.

Be a bit careful with what painkillers you take, ibruprofen really need to be taken with food or there is a risk of gastric ulcers. Paracetamol is a better option.

If you're going to restart try and plan it so you will hit day 3 over a period of a couple of days when you don't have to do anything much and if necessary just have a duvet day or two til it passes!

4 packs may not help as your carb content will still be low. A better option might be to have a couple of days low-carb eating (no bread, potatoes, pasta or rice, lots of protein and leafy green veg) before you retry, this might ease your body into it a bit more easily!

6. ellietoobig!

ellietoobig! Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim n Save
    Thanks for your quick replies!!
    Dont think it helped that on day 1 my totm arrived too lol!

Think Im going to try reducing carbs for two days, as suggested, then crack on with it properly.

The headache was more like migrane, I use to get them loads,especially around totm, and the pain yesterday was as bad, with same symptons.
    Guess it wasnt the best time for me to start!!

I am going to suceed, guess I just need to ease into it a bit more !!

7. markanderl

markanderl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Whats that then Team Blue 0 Pink Ladies 3

This is just to easy.

8. calligas

calligas is slowly shrinking

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.22%)
    Diet:
    exante
    yes and ust remember, once u start if u cheat it will take u out of ketosis and u have to start all over again, which i have found, not gooooooooood.

9. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    what you need to do is start when there is no excuse , you will fell horrible in the 1st week and in some cases 2. I went into ketosis day 3 and i do not feel hungry at all im on day 15 and have lost 13lbs , 4 inch off my waist , 2 off my hips and 1 off my thigh. This just proves that if you stick to it 100% you will see the results x hope this helps motivate you and i hope it gets easier for you x:)

10. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Mark i dont remmber her joining team pink yet? If that is the case then i remember a post lately ( i WILL find it lol ) which was a man who had not been stickin to the diet properly for a few days. Is that a point against u guys? hmm hmm lol

Good luck huni in the diet, you will do it if you put your mind to it xxx

11. markanderl

markanderl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh OK Then, Team Blue 1 Pink Ladies 3

12. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Thats better lol :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.