Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very interesting that there only seems to be one person with a problem - everyone else is pulling together in the same direction which shows how strong this forum really is. If you feel that people are getting something for nothing out of this site you are very much mistaken - we all help each other out, whether paying SW members or not! As a target member who does not pay any longer should i be included as someone 'who is lining their pocket' - should i not pass on valuable advice to people who need it? I don't care who pays and who doesn't, if the SW members who pay don't want to pass on any infromation they are under no obligation to do so.

In the end this forum exists, if you are not happy then move on.....

Think it was more than a can of worms in the end..

If you dont agree with the way things are done here then you are free to leave.. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when that opinion goes against the whole ethos of the site then really that opinion needs to be either kept to oneself or more sensitively put. There was plenty of opportunity for you to express what you meant by your comments.

Yes indeed some things can be more senstively put.. including your post!

Some people don't always know how to use words to the effect they want them to and the written word can be mistaken.

The original poster seems to have been apologising in their last post... or am i mistaken?

Yes indeed some things can be more senstively put.. including your post!

Some people don't always know how to use words to the effect they want them to and the written word can be mistaken.

The original poster seems to have been apologising in their last post... or am i mistaken?

No mistaking my written words.. I mean what I say and I like the way I said it. :D

Ha ha ha Im giggling away here! :p

Ok guys, I dont like doing this as I think we ARE all entitled to our opinion but this thread is now past the stage of being constructive and is bordering on being nasty.

Until such time as we get a definitive answer from Admin on the rules on copywright and SW Im closing this thread.

If anyone has any issues with this please feel free to PM me or any of the Admin team.

Hi all,

I have read the whole thread and you all have the same problem as me, an unclear definition of copyright.

There are fair rights usage, there is quotation rights, extract rights etc.

Best practice is to take a segement of a quote of the original content and then give a link to the original content. Unfortunately this content is behind the slimming world password.

However, I am unsure if slimming world can claim exclusivity rights to content that is user submitted such as recipes. Unless slimming world claim full exclusivity rights to content submitted by people to their website, which it doesn't.

The costs involved in being sued by a company is enormous and I like to caution on the side of error. After all it can all be reposted :)

We have been contacted by slimming world for content on MiniMins in the past, one was the slimming world password the other was relating to "Fast Forward".

The best that I can do for the time being is to email slimming world and ask them for a clear definition of what can be reproduced, or how to tell if content can be reproduced from the slimming world site.

I fully understand why people are asking why now, why all of a sudden. Well the easiest explanation is that when your small people overlook it, but when you start to become big.. people start to take notice.

I am going to keep this thread locked, but everybody is free to PM me directly. I will report back as soon as I get a response from SlimmingWorld.

Pierce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back