Coralie's Journey!

coralie

Hello fellow lighter lifers!

I am due to start LL on tues 25th Septmber. I'm off to Kenya for 2 weeks, so want to jump into LL as soon as i get back!
This Sunday i go for my information meeting and to register with Doctors letter...I'm very excited.

I have lost alot of weight already 60lbs (with low carb) but really struggling to lose anymore- i have spent the last 2 months yo-yoing the same 7lbs....Very frustrating and un-motivating too. :mad:

Jimmy (my partner) and i would love to start a family, but i really want to be at target weight before we do...my mum had lots of pregnancy complications with my brother when she was over weight, no problems with the rest of us when she was at goal.

Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated, especially with tips on blending the drinks so they are not lumpy? Is there a good blender that i can invest in?

Coralie:D

Hi Coralie and welcome. Congrats on a great loss so far, and on your own too, how fab is that!!

LL is great, the most easy & the most difficult diet ever. (Wait till you start and you will understand!!)

I understand the pregnancy thing too. With my son (now 13) I failed to dilate properly(too fat) and he became distressed, hence an emergency section when his heart rate began top slow dramatically. With my daughter I suffered pre-eclampsia, which did not get better even with hospitalization & medication. With her, although I planned a "normal" birth, again I had to have a section, because my health was suffering. My scans were tricky because of the layers of fat too. Whilst the midwives etc were lovely & very kind, I was not in the best type of health to have babies, as overweight as I was. I wish I had had the forethought to do something before we tried for a family, rather than 8 1/2 years after my last one!!!

Keep posting. Minis is full of fantastic people with heaps of support.

As far as the blender goes I the cheapest I could get from Asda & its great. The vanilla, strawberry & banana are very easy to mix in the shaker tho, if no access to a blender.

All the best!

xx

Thankyou Sez!

I'm really looking forward to starting and already finding this forum very helpful and motivating!

I was going to use the more convienient shaker for lunch at work, but thought as a treat in the evenings i could make up a shake with ice in the blender - When we get back from kenya in sept, perhaps we'll have our promised 'indian summer' in the southwest! (perhaps not!) So an iced shake will cool me down!

Sorry to hear about your pregnancy experiences! I have learnt from what mum went through, so i can hopefully have a 'smoother ride'!!

Well done on your weight loss and good luck with the next stage:party0011:, you start on the same day as my foundation ends. I will then go into development which I'm a bit nervous about. :( I'm sure you will be fine. I use a handblender to mix my shakes it is a tescos value one cost less than £5. I hope you have a great trip, keep posting.:wavey:

Hi back on track!
Thanks for your message, wow, your 14 weeks is soon to be over...how did it go? What was the most difficult/enjoyable part of your weight loss journey?
What do you mean by handblender?
Good luck in development!

I have my info meeting tomorrow and i am very excited and a little nervous....good nervous though. Just cant wait to start!

I looked into the diary- i will finish induction a few days after christmas day...how do i handle this? I dont want to not eat as my family (not household, but aunts, uncles, cousins....) will frown on me and the lighterlife method, but i wont want to eat.....i dont want to go into freefall eating mode. Advice please!

Hi Coralie

Hope you have a fabulous time in Kenya and welcome to LL. I am just starting my second week, but I have a lot of weight to lose and will be at it well in to next year.
I have thought about the Christmas thing and have decided to see how I feel nearer the time.
My counsellor said that there are people who are so much in the zone that they continue with the packs over Christmas, others who will make a concious decision that they will eat the Christmas lunch and restart packs. I think the issue is that it is a controlled decision that you make not the food controlling you.
However, like me, you will be so in to the programme by then that our thinking will hopefully have changed.
Good luck, and I'll speak to you along the way and see what decisions we come to regarding Christmas.

JJ

ps I am trying to ignore negative comments. I'm doing this for me!

I will still be on food packs over christmas. TBH im not bothered what people think/say about it as i know its the right thing for me to do. I will sit there quite happily with my bowl of soup and maybe a shake as desert.

sil

Thanks for all the encouragement!

I had my info meeting today- loved the cheesy DVD...so funny, yet very motivating.
My BMI is 35.8...not a fun fact to find out.
Really looking forward to getting started!

Back