Corned Beef Quich

Jules63

I remember this recipe from about 20 years ago - when I first tried SW! (corned beef was free then but I think the light corned beef is only 4.5 syns a tin)

1 Tin Light Corned Beef
1 Onion
Tub cottage cheese
2-3 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
mixed herbs

Finely chop onion and mix with corned beef. Beat eggs and mix with cottage cheese, add salt and pepper. Put onion and corned beef into a dish and flatten down, add egg mixture and finish with a sprinkle of herbs. Bake for about 20-30 mins, 180c or until egg mixture is set.

This is lovely hot or cold with veg or salad. Hope you like it! Its enough for two meals.

I joined SW 2011 and I asked about this recipe. Apparently SW do not recommend this anymore (the recipe I saw had red onions added). Which is a real shame because it is absolutely gorgeous with salad.

I joined SW 2011 and I asked about this recipe. Apparently SW do not recommend this anymore (the recipe I saw had red onions added). Which is a real shame because it is absolutely gorgeous with salad.

Oh dear I like the lean corned beef with onion and baked beans topped with mashed potatoes. Just like shepherds pie. Lovely x

Back