CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Re: Katies low carb adventure...

Mornin'! Well, here's to keeping strong in day 2. Planned menu today:

B - 3 egg omelette with cheese, pint water
Snack - 50g pate, 100g julienne courgette, pint water
L - prawns with pink sauce, 100g iceberg lettuce, pint water
Snack - tuna mayo, pint water
D - pork medallions, 100g celeriac rosti (experiment time), pint water.
Drink - 2 mugs of peppermint tea (1l) and the 2.5l of water above will take me to 3.5l.

I did get on scales yesterday (after I said I wouldn't, cheater!) and weighed in 16st8. But this am I am 16st5 so not worried now, mostly water weight or glycogen storage, whatever. I had this silly idea I would get back on there and weigh 18s6 (start weight) again, the silly things we put ourselves through.

Probably won't be down to lowest weight by tomorrow but will just keep going. Hubby is also back on the wagon so that'll help me too.

Anyhoo, hope you have a fabby day! x

Keep going Hun, I've fallen off the wagon a few times this week but got straight back on and lost 2lbs!! We will have bad days and christmas is coming, so be good where you can :) xx

Re: AtkinsFTW's weight loss diary

Everybody falls off the wagon getting back on is the real test. Your doing great and your keeping me motivated. This has to be the hardest part of the year it feels like one long naughty weekend :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Kimmi n Kate. Can't believe you've still lost 2lb Kimmi, well done! Glad I'm keeping you motivated. I'm off and on the wagon but am trying to be good most of the time. Not going to brat myself up about it but will try to be more good than bad, after all, do want Santa to bring me a pressie! Lol x

Oh well, seems like Santa is going to bring me a different pressie than I expected!

I was hoping for a new business (and willing to give up buying a tablet for the family to get it) but it seems it's going to be a new tablet after all. It's such a shame, as even though it meant a lot of hard work with relocation, it was going to be to a beautiful part of Cornwall with a better way of life. We now have to look for something else. Boo hiss.

Also, I didn't escape the anti-biotics after all. :( Chest is still quite bad and hubby suggested I call docs as has been going on for about 2.5 weeks. So I duly went and they duly gave me the AB. Hope it helps.

Diet wise it is not brilliant but I'm still trying to be as good as I can. Get healthy again and see how I get on then.

Hope you're all healthy and winning x

Hope you and your family have had a lovely Christmas and you're feeling better :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Katie, hope you had a good crimbo too with you and yours?

Food wise I am still not being atkins friendly, I had to have a second lot of antibiotics as first lot didn't get rid of my cough. It has been ever a month and I am still struggling with it. The first course was a 5 day course, this is a 10 day course so hoping it will kick it into touch.

I had planned on geting on the wagon yesterday but then hubby took kids for the day and I got to go to the movies, which meant nachos, popcorn, pick and mix and full fat sprite. On the other hand I did do back to back movies, hobbit and then hunger games so didnt have time for lunch, or space, tbh.

Might start at lunch, sick of eating but no self control, see?

Hope you're all winning x

Happy new year! I hope you're feeling better? I'm so sick of eating! Starting again tomorrow, I've had a lovely couple of weeks off dieting but now I'm ready to get back to it! I've got 4 days of LT in the cupboard which I'm going use to kick start my weight loss then it's back to low carb/low cal. I think I've put about 10lbs on but I'll weigh myself tomorrow and start my own diary from Monday. Hope you can get back on the wagon ASAP! Xx

Hey Sam, thanks for dropping by, feeling better slowly but surely, cough still lingering but is slowly getting better. I'm the same as you, gained about 10lb.

Evening beelishy!

Started on shakes today, slim fast, just powder and water, no milk, so carbs about 70g and 650 cals for the day so similar to sns. Hoping to have a woosh like the lovely beelishy in the am. I might buy sns shakes again and have a whirlwind weight loss month, takes the thinking out of food. And since sns are giving away 15 free bars means you can do simplicity for the price of lifestyle, nearly, could top up with slim fast shakes for the rest of the month when bars run out. We'll see.

Hope you're all winning x

Last edited:
Hi, I'm still lurking but no way near back on track yet!!! Just one last celebration weekend this weekend and I'm back on it Monday!!! I do have a wedding to slim for now eeeeekkkk!! Good luck with the slim fast x x

Hey kimmi, hope you had fab holidays! Lurking on here is still dipping your toe into slimming and I say it counts, lol. Get back on it when you can but enjoy the your last festivities. Slimming for your wedding, so exciting!

3.8lb off today, but actually I realised I put on 11.8lb when weighing in yesterday so now back down to 16st10. All good and have metallic taste in my mouth already, is that even possible? Had my usual 3l water yesterday though 2l was made up from peppermint tea as can't do loads of cold water when cold out.

Look forward to getting back on track, not missing eating one bit.

So, this is going to be my last post on this Atkins diary for a while, I am going to start a new sns diary on their thread and I have now committed to doing this diet. It is ketogenic still and I am hoping it will suite me. I know I tired it before and it flared my ecsema up but it has gotten better since taking daily actimel so I am going to give it another go. No, not a go, I am going to do it. I have committed myself to do this by buying the products so there's no turning back now!

Once I finish my 8 weeks I hope I will have reached the goals I have set, which is in total 60lb in total (10% lost of my body weight), I've already lost 25lb of that so I think it is achievable. I will be 2/3rds of the way there and I will see if I have the stamina to continue with the shakes. you can do it for 12 weeks straight but then you must take a break.

Also, I will be back to atkins woe to maintain the weight once I have reached goal. I will continue reading all your diaries too so it's not the last you've seen of me, lol.

Take care and as per busybusy, hope you're winning x

Happy new year and good luck with sns!

Back