CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Re: My Atkins diary

So, Friday today! It's been 6 days since pig out on Sat and I am feeling fab. Jeans are feeling looser than ever and even though it's totm I am continuing to do my 'walk of pain' (a 2 mile walk around my house). I haven't been back to 30DS as period draining me of energy and I don't feel up to it (and hip, knee and ankle still hurting).

Does anyone else find this, you forget to eat!? I forgot to have dinner last night. I usually eat with the kids about 5.30-6 but didn't last night and after putting them to bed and dishes and walk it was 9pm. Hubby even asked me if I'd eaten and I said yes! I honestly thought I had!? Far cry from not being able to stop stuffing my face. I love Atkins!

So, menu today:
B - 2 bacon rashes, 2 eggs and slice of cheese n half avo.
L - salmon and 1 cup lettuce with mayo
D - 2 pork medallions & spinach in butter.
S - olives and ham
Drink : Water, green tea and coffee.

Last edited:
Marvelous:) and good example for other STSers:D

Thanks guys, I've been signing 'I'm walking on sunshine' all day, lol.

Menu today:
B - Bacon and cheese, egg sandwich with half avo (repetitive I know, but I do love it!)
L - two lamb chops with 1 cup lettuce, olive oil and 50g blue cheese
D - Prawns and spinach in butter
S - 1 Lidl style pepparami
Drink - Coffee and green tea - as the weather turns colder I am struggling to drink water, anyone else? I remember in the past I used to just drink mugs of hot water in the aim to keep me warm).

Good losses considering most of us seem to be totm. I am not expecting this loss every week but it has done wonders to boost my confidence as I was really flagging last week.

Might try and squeeze in the 'walk of pain' today but my son was poorly last night and was up, literally, all night. Both my husband and I are ruined today. We've not done much hope we will have a good night tonight as have a house viewing on Monday (which gives us tomorrow to ready for 'showing') and then Tuesday off to see some prospective businesses to buy. Exiting times but we need our sleep.

That said, I am going to go and try grab a 15 min nap as the little lad still sleeping and hubby taken daughter out.

It's a fabulous loss Toni, you should be so proud of yourself for sticking with it through all the weeks of STS.

i think sometimes as soon as people STS for a few weeks they get impatient and start messing with it and that's when things start to go wrong. If you continue to follow the rules, stick with it and give it a chance it always comes good in the end.

You must be shattered being up all night with your son, everything just seems so much harder when you're tired so don't be too hard on yourself if you don't manage the "walk of pain"

things seem to be very exciting for you at present - buying businesses and selling houses wow it sounds like it's all go! I'm slightly jealous ( not of the sleepless nights though - you can keep them lol) xx

6llbs is brilliant, well deserved also x cwtch in when you can x I love afternoon naps they feel decadent, I think the Spanish have the right idea siestas all the way x

A big vote here for siestas - wish I could get away with them at work :D

I agree on the water front, drinking herbal (non fruit0 teas is a good plan. I've been drinking a Twinings one called Nettle and Sweet Fennel, which appears to have a similar laxative effect as Slimatee, but a bit more gentle ;)

Hi guys, haven't had much chance to come on here yesterday, we have a viewing on the flat today and I spent all day preening the flat! Tomorrow we're viewing two businesses. It is exciting Corrine, but stressful too.

Sometimes I wish my husband wasn't an avid entrepreneur. I love the freedom it gives us working for ourselves, but you have all the worries too. You don't get paid if you're sick, when on holiday, you have to always worry about the bottom line, etc etc.

Menu yesterday (hungry day!):
B - 3 eggs, 1 slice cheese, 30g (half cup) cabbage with mayo.
L - 2 belly pork rashes, Chinese style with 1 cup baby spinach
D - 2 pork medallions & 1 cup lettuce, then about 20mins later 3 fried eggs - so hungry
S - 6 small spicy salamis from Aldi 60g (they were soo good!)
Drink - coffee, green tea and water.

Today:
B - 2 eggs, 1 slice bacon, & half avo
L - salmon n lettuce
D - pork medallions n spinach (nearly finished the bag, must buy frozen stuff next time)
S - 1 slice cheese
MUST drink more water!

Will try catch diaries soon, more sleepless nights so in zombie mode, even hesitant to drive as so tired (caught myself falling asleep in the past).

Gosh it's all happening for you hun!

Good luck on the viewings - and a million house points for staying 100% despite everything that's going on :D

What sort of businesses are you looking at? I used to work as a consultant so completely get the no sick/holiday pay thing!

Hi everyone! Sorry been v quiet lately, it's all been madness here of late!

KTC coconut oil now selling on Amazon, 6 bottles for about pound 7.50!! If you buy something else with free Amazon shipping to make it over 10 pounds, there is no shopping! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...d=1379494012&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Susie, we're looking to buy restaurant/cafe here in Cornwall. It's always been night's dream and we came close about 4 years ago but didn't come off.

Diet wise been good, I had a tiny blip in Monday, went to friends for dinner and when asked last week, hubby said, no, no dietary requirements! Worst of all, both had done Atkins in the past so they knew all about it when I politely refused the MOST GORGEOUS roasted spuds and peas. Had about 2 heaped tbsp cabbage (cooked with red wine and cooking apple) and lots of ham in a French mustard coating (delish!) And had about 2 tbsp raspberries with cream (again declined the tart that came with it). All in all not a big blip.

Menu yesterday:
B - 3 eggs fried, slice of ham fried
L - 3 egg omelette, tiny amount green mixed leaves and 2 x1/8th slices of small tomato
D - 2 rashes pork belly, 1 cup baby spinach and 5 bacon ribs (boiled with garlic to get most salt out - makes ribs so tender!) with Tabasco mayo
S - lidl style mini pepperoni 25g
Drink - about 2l water, coffee and green tea,
Treat - unsalted butter genache with clotted cream

Not a bad menu, just genache not really 'clean and green' but considering chocolate from ASDA has about 8g carbs per 100g and I only used tbsp (about 15g) I'm well below on carbs.

menu today:
3 eggs, 1 cup spinach, 1 slice ham (lightly smoked from lidl, tastes just like bacon but less smelly - replacing my bacon needs with this from now on!)
L - 5-6 bacon ribs n 1 cup lettuce n mayo
D - pork and beef mince kofte with mayo
S - pepperoni
Drink - coffee with cream (1 coffee with about 2 tbsp cream - not having cheese today to compensate for this).

Bacon ribs are sold in my local garden centre (they have a fruit n veg shop) and because they are salty like bacon I boil them first to remove most salt. I used to smother them in bbq and serve with wedges and corn on cob, but no longer!

Boy am I having lots of pork today!

Only 1.79 per rack!

Also, sorry for not catching diaries, will try to today. MIL coming over to take daughter out for a few hours as we're still having sleepless nights. Oh well, pile in the coffee and get on with it! Have a good day peeps! x

Attachments

• 1379494345052.jpg
    1379494345052.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 123
Only 1.79 per rack!

Also, sorry for not catching diaries, will try to today. MIL coming over to take daughter out for a few hours as we're still having sleepless nights. Oh well, pile in the coffee and get on with it! Have a good day peeps! x

That pack of ribs £1.79?!? No way!!!! I was about 10 for 2 packs that size with hardly any meat from our butchers :-(

Feel your pain with sleepless nights, last 3 nights horrible broken sleep. :-(

It's true, very good value for money! Maybe since they are 'bacon' ribs they are considered more of a by product and that's why they don't charge much, I guess. It's funny, every time I eat em MIL always says it's like something out of the Flintstones.

So, menu today:
B - 3 eggs, 1 ham slice and 1 cup spinach
L - Beef n pork kofte with mayo n q cup spinach
D - pork ribs and 1 cup lettuce n couple sliced radishes.
Snack - choc genache with clotted cream
Drink - coffee with cream, green tea, water.

I bought a bag of spinach (250g) and since a cup is about 30g I have to eat spinach twice a day otherwise it rots in the bag before I finish it! I am not complaining, it adds lovely nuttiness when eaten with kofte and tastes great when fried in butter.

Hope you're all ok x

menu yesterday:
B- 2 eggs & 1 flat mushroom in butter n 30g parmasan
L - 4 kofte from the other night & 30g spinach n 30g parmasan
D - 2 belly rashes (was supposed to be with 30g spinach but forgot to eat it, found it still in scales this morning).
S - peperami x3 (about, shared with the kids, lol)
Drink - Water, coffee and green tea

Today :
B - spinach and 50g cheese, 3 egg fritata
L - salmon and lettuce salad
D - 2 pork medallions and 30g spinach
Drink - water, coffee and green tea
Snack - not sure

Not been doing any 'walks of pain' and still not done 30ds, went to bed at 7.30 and am feeling more tired than ever this am. Oh well, get that coffee down ya!

Morning:). Love the photo of ribs - amazing what we drool over on here lol:D

Hope you have a great weekend with time to play (vs exercise which sounds far too hard!)
Xx

Back