CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Oh Toni you poor love, sorry to hear about the candida and eczema coming back, it's definitely linked to carbs then?

Anyway, hope they both clear up soon xxx

Re: My weight loss diary

Hey Suzie, yeah, I believe the eczema is because of Candida overgrowth in tummy, which when you've had it for as long as I have it leaks through gut and gets into rest of system causing all sorts of trouble.

Primarily I get pimples (arms, chest, face n thighs), eczema in scalp and then if really bad near ears, nose n mouth, anemia, mood swings, insatiable hunger, sugar dependency and addiction (like I'm an alcoholic, one sweet is NEVER enough) and sometimes thrush.

When doing Atkins it all goes, so I can only say I think it is from that. Which is why I quit SnS, cause even though I was still in ketosis it had sugar and wheat in it (that feeds the Candida) and that's why it started coming back.

I remember reading about it too in the Atkins book, I got the '82 version and he was talking about a 'Candida Epidemic' even back then. I wish more people knew about it, it's changed my life knowing I have it and how I can control it.

Anyway, it is much better and I have only the itchy scalp symptom atm, so I'm happy!

Menu today looks as follows:
B - 4 medium scrambled eggs
L - 100g mushrooms and wild salmon
D - chicken breast done JG style with parmesan garlic mayo (yum!) and broccoli.
S - 15 pitted green olives
D - water water and more water. And some chai n green tea tea.

Have a fab day y'all!

Last edited:

Mornin'!

I peed on a stick and I liked it! Well, actually, it came up pink, so happily back in ketosis.

Menu today as follows:
B - 4 med eggs, scrambled
L - wild salmon, fried mushrooms and celery with garlic salt
D - chicken with broccoli
S - 13 olives
W - aim again for 3l, if I drink more it'll be a bonus. I'm already 1l down, booya! Taking a suggestion from JG (thanks chick!) I am carrying around a 500ml bottle and drinking as I go. I also serve myself a pint of water with every meal and pretend it is part of that meal, helps me get my water down me!

Hope you're all doing well, weigh in tomorrow!

Thanks kimmi!

Had another good day yesterday, was in Aldi and so so SO tempted to buy their Christmas stuff too, wow, was too close.

So I 'cheated' with s/f jelly and extra thick cream from co-op (only 1.6g carbs per 100g) and a pack of pork scratching.

Why do I always feel the need to cheat if I've had a good loss, self sabotage or rewarding myself with food? Either way not good. But I didn't actually cheat with nasty carbs, could have been much worse!

Enough ramblings, here's menu for today:
B - 2 med scrambled eggs, 100g mushrooms, 100g celery.
L - chicken drumsticks and broccoli.
D - salmon and spinach.
S - 50g cheese n 30g olives.
W - aim for 3l today, finding it so much easier to drink in pint bottles, what a great idea JG!

Keep winning guys x

Yay for the small bottles toni, i swear by it and i always seem to get a better loss if i drink a lot of water. Well done on the brilliant loss too xx

Thanks JG, I have managed to drink at least 3l of water every day thanks to the small bottles. What I do now too is if I'm going out I fill up my 1l and decant to my small bottle when it's finished.

Food today was:
B - 3 egg scrambled, with peurtorican spices
L - 100g cauli and 150g chicken with garlic salt and mayo with a little nando's hot sauce
D - 5oz steak with about 150g mushrooms, garlic salt, some butter and extra thick cream made into sauce (yum!)
W - at least 3l water and some peppermint tea and coffee.

On another note all together, yesterday I stubbed my toe, hard. It is purple and very sore and I am pretty sure I've broken it but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit 4hours in a&e waiting to get an x-ray. They can't do anything for me anyway, just strap it to another toe, which I can do at home. It's my 'ring finger' toe on right foot, so not quite limping, can walk fine. I am planning doing a body combat class with a friend tomorrow, so it will be interesting.

Mornin'!

Toe and foot feeling better, though there is quite a bit of bruising. I am walking better on it today so probably not broken, just gave it a good whack

EDITED

B - [STRIKE]scrambled eggs with peurtorican spices[/STRIKE] 3 Aldi Kabanos
L - [STRIKE]nando's maybe? I'm out and can't be bothered to make something now to take with me. Love me a bit of nando's.[/STRIKE] 2 eggs & 3 bacon
D - [STRIKE]wild salmon fillet and spinach.[/STRIKE] tin tuna in brine with 1 tbsp mayo
W - aim for 3l at least again.

Well, today is the day that the 'fat lady' comes to visit, she visits fortnightly. She's part of local council and is called a 'health care advisor' (or something like that) and was referred to me by my doctor after I approached him in desperation to lose weight. She helps motivate and give ideas and and tips to help you in weight loss.

I am convinced if I'd carried on I'd be diabetic and probably have a stroke or something at an early age. ANYWAY, (sorry for rambling) I had to weigh myself today to let her know my weight and I've lost another 2lb! So happy but not updating on here till official weigh in on Sat.

Body combat again tonight, so look forward to that.

Hope y'all have a good day x

Last edited:
morning all.

Didn't eat nearly enough yesterday, I was running around like a blue @ssed fly and only sat down at 22.20. Anyway, today will be a better day. And, I drank 3.5l water yesterday, so keeping hydrated!

Wow, body combat killed yesterday. He does this move where you do a backward lunge, then a forward kick then another backward lunge. Over and over and over. *cry* Then he does this crouches to the side. My thighs were killing me. And he did two sets of punching fast as you can for a 1 minute. I could hardly hold on to the steering wheel on the way home! Naturally I have already booked for next week, lol. Sucker for punishment!

Anyhoo, menu for today:

B - 4 eggs & 1 kabanos
L - Salmon fillet & brocooli
D - chicken with baby spinach
D - lotsa coffee and water water everywhere!

Hope you're all having a great day x

PS - I just noticed in my stats (on left of page) that I have now lost 10% of my body weight, whoohoo!

PPS - My daughter had a sleep over at her granny's last night and my son slept till 8.10am! I am one well rested mummy, lol!

Wow, tumble weeds on the Atkins thread, where is everyone? *insert tumble weed emoticon here*

SO, today is 2nd WI of Kimmi's 6 week Christmas challenge. I am actually a little nervous to enter my weight as I can't actually believe it?! Today I am 16st3lb! How did this happen? Well, I am naturally VERY happy, lol, another 4lb off.

Must be the SnS inspired Atkins I am doing atm. Did I tell you about that? Stop reading and start at the new paragraph if I did (the equivalent of stop me if I've told you this before). I am aiming for about 800 calories a day, totally clean and green and chugging down the water. As I am in ketosis I am not ravenous but like when I did SnS I do feel better once I eat the next meal. You can check me out on MFP (AtkinsFTW too) to see my diary. Sometimes I go over the 1000cals but I don't beat myself up, just carry on aiming for the 800 cals a day, regardless.

Also, I am now only 3lb away from the C25K. Anyone heard of this? It's on the NHS website and it has podcasts you can download onto your phone to talk you through starting to run. It's a 9 week programme and can be found here Couch to 5K - Live Well - NHS Choices. I don't have the best knees but I am hoping that the gradual build up with help me strengthen them as well as ease me into running. Running IMO is the best way to trim down. Also, you can get apps for your smart phone to do it too.

Going to have to go shopping in a bit. After my cheat week or so I went out and bought a bunch of wild salmon and chicken and have been eating that with cauli, brocolli and baby spinach. My stocks are nearly finished so will be buying some prawns and and pork next time. I buy it in bulk then use sandwich bags to portion it out (the veg too) and store it in freezer bags in my freezer. That way I can either take out next day's food the night before or (as is usually the case as I am not organised) I can just chuck the individual frozen portions in the micro to defrost for about 4-5 minutes then cook up. I usually leave the veg in its separate bag once defrosted and nuke for about 2 minutes. It steams in the bag and is ready to eat.

Sorry, prattled on for long enough, here's menu for today:
B - 2 bacon & 2 eggs
L - salmon and cauli with garlic salt
D - Chicken & spinach
S - 50g mature cheese
D - about 1l coffee and at least 3l water

PS. yesterday's menu:
B - 4 fried eggs
L - Tinned tuna in brine
D - Chicken and broccoli
S - 50g cheese
D - coffee and 3l water
Hope you're all winning x

Thanks guys! Hope you didn't get brain strain having to read all that, lol.

I just thought I'd come on here and tell you (and my future self who is thinking of cheating) what a lovely compliment I got from a semi stranger today. I call her a semi stranger as I don't actually know her but she works at my local co-op and see her all the time when I go in there. The shop is literally 100m down the road so have been down there quite often and you get to know faces and have a little chat at the check out. Well, when I stopped there today to pick up some mayo (an atkiner's best friend), she said, "why, aren't you looking lovely and slim!". It has made me smile that others can see the difference in me, so I am well chuffed. Also, the new jeans I bought the other day (about 3 weeks ago) are nearly too big and I am down to the last hole on my belt! Getting there!
:happy036:

Well done on that fantastic loss xx

Well done Toni on the fantastic losses and the willpower and determination to keep going. You are doing great! I hope you are well?

Hey guys, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Lauren, I am doing well, thanks.

Off on a day trip with MIL and fam, down into deep Cornwall territory. Love it down there and eventually we hope to relocate down to there. May be as early as mid Jan. Was looking at the local school's website (as daughter hopefully starts there Sept) and they all look like models!?! Even MORE motivation to keep going with the losses.

Another victory yesterday was I bought smart black trousers when I last bought my jeans (about 3 weeks ago) in a 20 and they were tight around the bum and thighs, but at the time I thought, they're only £8 (ASDA), I'll slim into them. So yesterday I was invited out to an Anne Summers party and didn't want to wear my jeans, so I tried the smart pair on and they were loose in the very areas they'd been tight before!!

Yiiiiiha. Bring on those 15s!!

Just been reading your food diary on MFP, Its what I would like to do in a couple of weeks when I've finished LT, low carb/low cal, lean and green type thing, so I shall be following and copying!! :)

Thanks Sam, I'm enjoying eating the 'lean and green' way and am seeing great results so far. I took inspiration from the simplicity of SnS, all my food is portioned out in my freezer ready to defrost and cook as I go. I find easier keeping to the low calories as I'm in ketosis. Weekends are my cheat days (like yesterday had half pork belly from Morrisons) and don't worry too much about the calories then. Gives me strength to keep strict during the week.

So, diary for today :
B - Scrambled eggs with cheese
L - Chicken breast with broccoli
D - Salmon with spinach
S - Olives
D - 1l coffee and at least 3l water.

Hope you guys are having a good day! x

Hi, just caught up with your diary, enjoying reading what you have been eating, giving me plenty of ideas :)

Back