cosmetic surgery

ellie1969

Gold Member
Has anyone thats lost their excess weight considered surgery to tidy things up a bit ? :eek:

Hubby has spoke to me about it as he knows that in the past ive considered breast reduction but never had the money to do it:cry: he keeps joking that once ive got to target and managing to keep it off that hes going to book me into the clinic to get what i want done LOL

I would love to get my boobs lifted but not reduced now as i Like the size they are now... would definately have a tummy tuck as still got my mummy tummy fold of skin from when i was pregnant... son is 19 this year:cry: I dont think theres anything else id do... that may change though after i get a full legnth mirror LOL

me! i would love to get a tummy tuck. I even asked the doctor about getting it done on the NHS as i read if you had lost a large amount of weight theyd consider it but he said our PHT dont do it :cry:. Im not bothered about anything else just the horrible flap of tummy. my eldest is 22 in feb!

I did consult a surgeon here after my big weight loss (not Dukan). In my case, he advised 3 (THREE!) body lifts. Each one requiring a week in hospital minimum (if no infection), plus a month's recuperation... and he'd start with the lower end... then middle... then top and arms.

I think I'd have looked even more peculiar at the end than the outset and he did stress that only people who had a real problem with the excess skin would be up for such invasive surgery... three times over.

I'm a wuss... my skin is mine. I'm keeping it ;) He was willing to recommend 90% reimbursement of the surgery, given that I'd lost 11 stone without medical assistance (he said)...

I've always blown hot and cold over cosmetic surgery.

I'm always hyper aware that it really is surgery, and that anything that breaches the skin is Pretty Serious Stuff.

My consultant has suggested foot surgery - just enough to ease some mobilty issues for the future - and the side-effects of that are enough to make me think twice, three time, before saying yes.

oooh and, I hasten to add, my skin has improved over the years... ok it's there, and wrinkly etc, but it doesn't hang round my knees or anything as some poor people's I've seen on internet photos...

Also the surgeon did say he'd need to see me stabilise for a year or more before considering operating on me.

The pain and surgery itself wouldn't worry me, as a teenager I nursed my mother through many operations although hers were necessary to keep her mobile, I used to joke that she was the bionic woman with her 2 artificial knees & elbow, she's also had most of her toes removed & countless ops on her hands so dressing changes, pain management, etc are like second nature now. The only thing that worries me is the anaesthetic lol

I wouldn't have unnecessary surgery, but what is necessary or not is different for different people. My body has changed due to pregnancy, age, weight gain and loss but it still all works even if it doesn't look the same (not that it was perfect to start with;)), so that's fine for me.

Also, if I did talk myself into getting a tummy tuck or whatever, I'd worry for me that I'd want more and more done as everything continues to wrinkle and sag with age.

Good luck though.:)

I want, I want, I want................. a boob lift and a tummy tuck which I will ask the NHS for and if they turn me down then it will be a case of saving alot more money!!! But do agree that I need to be in stabalisation for at least a year before I consider it for myself because I have always been able to lose the weight but never managed to keep it off and that is my main goal for now. Mind you my body is not bouncing back this time as it has before - my boobs are defo round my knees (well nearly!!) and my tummy is much worse than before I had Ben nearly four years ago!! AND I'm gettin a turkey neck!!! All my own fault though so not feeling sorry for myself. xx

your right there trudy... I will only consider it once Ive been through conso & stabalised my weight. Not worth having it done if im just going to pile the weight back on so Ive plenty time to think about it and see if I can live with how i look :)

I would love a tummy tuck and a breast lift, however I've had to have emergency, life-saving surgery before and don't think I could actually go through the risks for cosmetic reasons. Good underwear helps, and my husband adores me whatever - just like I do him.

Back