COSMO....heeeelllppp!!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi troops, advice needed please!!!

I'm going for a meal in Cosmo tomorrow with friends from work- it's a lunchtime hen do and there are about 20 of us going so I have no control over the venue!! Cosmo is one of my favourite places! For people who aren't familiar with it it's a chain of high quality 'Pan Asian Buffet' style restaurants- think China China but a million times nicer experience/decor/quaility all round!! Since it opened in Swansea a few months ago I've been 5 times and most occasions have been detrimental to my weight loss!! I have the best intentions before setting foot inside to go for only the healthiest options but when I see all the delights surrounding me I turn into a crazed food demon and can't control myself!! I am so desperate to make progress and get to my target (only 6lb away) after an extremely slow 6 months! I would really appreciate any tips people may have to stay on the straight and narrow! Not going is NOT an option! I just want to be controlled! Drink isn't an issue either because I'll be driving!!

Thank you!!!X

Hi hun... I know this may not be the best option, but could you eat a big lunch (very late breakfast) and pint of water just before you go? That way you'll only be able to fit a little bit in, I know it's probably not great advice but would be only thing that would work for me xxx

Hi hun... I know this may not be the best option, but could you eat a big lunch (very late breakfast) and pint of water just before you go? That way you'll only be able to fit a little bit in, I know it's probably not great advice but would be only thing that would work for me xxx

Thanks Louise for answering!! I think that is the wisest advice I've had of any of the replies (teehee!!) But seriously I think that's the best course of action! I am going to have a 3-egg omlette at about 10am (leaving the house at 11) so I won't be totally stuffed by 1pm when we sit down but I'll be far from ravenous! I will also drink loads of water as you suggest! The plan is to avoid my eyes being bigger than my belly!! Thank you XXXXXXXXXXX

No problem hun, if you come back having eaten no prawn toast / spring rolls / etc then I will give you a medal.

More importantly - just enjoy x

No problem hun, if you come back having eaten no prawn toast / spring rolls / etc then I will give you a medal.

More importantly - just enjoy x

Hehe thank you!! I will do my best and report back to my Cosmo mentor lol!X

......waits with bated breath...... polishing your halo or wiping off remains of prawn toast feast from your guilty face?? Hehe x

OOooh you live near me! :D I love Cosmo, so yummy! It's hard on SW as even the good stuff is cooked in oil. And the evil desert bit too lol! hope you survived

x

Hi Flutterbyuk25!! Ooh where do you live then?! In Swansea?!! You're so right, I tried to stick to the healthIER things and avoid deep fried stuff or things in batter (Louise I didn't have prawn toasts or spring rolls yaayyy!!!) but things were quite oily, even the veg and things like beef in black bean sauce, king prawns etc!! And I DID give in to the puddings but just 2 'things'(not sure what they were!) in batter (what did I just say about avoiding things in batter?!?! I meant the savoury!!) with 2 small scoops of icecream and a few Mini-eggs (a bit random!!)- no gateau or anything! So all in all it could have been worse, but it could have been much better!! And to top it off we stayed out so late drinking tonight (I was only on the diet cokes as driving!) we ended up also having a curry in Wetherspoons! £4.99 for curry, rice, naan and poppadoms including a drink- brilliant value!! I didn't have the poppadoms but I had the curry, rice and naan!!

Let's just call this a flexisyn day!! I hopped on my scales tonight (which are unreliable!!) and they showed a 4lb gain from this morning!!!

I now have to be ultra careful until Monday!! Shouldn't be a problem!!! (I hope!!!)X

Lou

Well technically I live in Llanelli now (still struggling with that lol!). But I'm originally from Uplands, and then the Gower.

Glad you enjoyed Cosmo :)

x

flutterbyuk25 said:
Well technically I live in Llanelli now (still struggling with that lol!). But I'm originally from Uplands, and then the Gower.

Glad you enjoyed Cosmo :)

x

Ooh well I live in Llanmadoc- moved to Gower 7 yrs ago, we were in Brynmill before that! Where in Gower were you? XxX

Thanks so much for this thread. I'm off to a Cosmos tonight and have been dreading it because previous experience tells me that even the 'healthy' choices are oily (how sad it is to 'dread' going to a delicious all-you-can-eat Chinese resturant!?!).

Anyway, I'm fortunately working from home today so am planning a large brunch and a late lunch in the hope I'll be full by the time I get there - lol, seems like a bizarre waste to pay a set price to eat as little as you can, but a GREAT idea, so you have my gratitude!

Mmm, my favourite restaurant in Bristol is Como! I can't ever be too good though, I just eat barely anything all day, avoid the spring rolls and battered things and then try and fill up on jelly and fruit for pud instead of the cake pieces. At least they're cut into small cakey pieces though so you don't go crazy.

Mmm, my favourite restaurant in Bristol is Como! I can't ever be too good though, I just eat barely anything all day, avoid the spring rolls and battered things and then try and fill up on jelly and fruit for pud instead of the cake pieces. At least they're cut into small cakey pieces though so you don't go crazy.

It's certainly a challenge!! To be honest EmmyLou it's best for me to avoid it completely!! My aim is to reach target in 12 weeks from now and then, and ONLY then, will I pay it a visit (and probably put 1/2 stone on in one sitting lol!!)X

I loooooove Cosmo too - went to the Cardiff one yesterday and despite being incredibly good - it was still a bad SW day!

I avoided most of the stuff in batter (apart from the sesame chicken!), only had 2 little crispy pork pancakes, and ate melon and lychees for pud. We wont mention the crispy seaweed (speed?!)
Fingers crossed I dont have a gain on Thursday!
x

I loooooove Cosmo too - went to the Cardiff one yesterday and despite being incredibly good - it was still a bad SW day!

I avoided most of the stuff in batter (apart from the sesame chicken!), only had 2 little crispy pork pancakes, and ate melon and lychees for pud. We wont mention the crispy seaweed (speed?!)
Fingers crossed I dont have a gain on Thursday!
x

Sounds like you were pretty restrained!! I'm sure you'll be OK if you had some spare syns!X

I know this is an old thread but i'm going out to cosmo in Swansea tomorrow with some friends and to be honest dreading it. I'm only 1lb of my first stone so really want to get it on monday and feel tomorrow could be bad!!! I'm going to try and stay away from anything in batter and as someone said earlier make sure my eyes aren't bigger than my belly :)

Back